fresh spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
porta

fresh spyderco

Post by porta »

I got my first PE Native in today. The born on date was July 2010 (GJ). While I think all Spydercos are a great value for what you get, it really applies to the Native. 56$ delivered for a Golden, CO S30V blade. Right out of the box it's tight (absolutely no blade play) yet the smoothest opening FRN pinned construction Spydie in my small stable. The wide jimping on the spine is nice too. I think the Delica 3 just got bumped out of its secondary carry spot. The primary will continue to be an Endura variation but the Native is an excellent smaller backup.

This one came from Poor Fish Outdoors on Ebay. SFO got my Matriarch order, YCS the FFG Endura, and KC the D4 ZDP-189 in the last month. The only favorite I play is price. At least I have plenty of sharp things to open Ramen for the next few weeks whilst I absorb the latest additions. :spyder:
mrsteel

Post by mrsteel »

Knives or food.....
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

porta wrote:At least I have plenty of sharp things to open Ramen for the next few weeks whilst I absorb the latest additions. :spyder:
Ramen noodles are good, especially when you dice up some Spam & toss it in there :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Jay_Ev wrote:Ramen noodles are good, especially when you dice up some Spam & toss it in there :cool:
Friday night a'la poor Spydie nut. :D
Rudeco

Post by Rudeco »

porta wrote:I got my first PE Native in today. The born on date was July 2010 (GJ). While I think all Spydercos are a great value for what you get, it really applies to the Native. 56$ delivered for a Golden, CO S30V blade. Right out of the box it's tight (absolutely no blade play) yet the smoothest opening FRN pinned construction Spydie in my small stable. The wide jimping on the spine is nice too. I think the Delica 3 just got bumped out of its secondary carry spot. The primary will continue to be an Endura variation but the Native is an excellent smaller backup.

This one came from Poor Fish Outdoors on Ebay. SFO got my Matriarch order, YCS the FFG Endura, and KC the D4 ZDP-189 in the last month. The only favorite I play is price. At least I have plenty of sharp things to open Ramen for the next few weeks whilst I absorb the latest additions. :spyder:
just bought the native hows it working out for you?
porta

Post by porta »

Thanks for the replies gents. It's nice to be around like minded folks. Jay Ev, that is quite the collection your dancing banana has for sure! Rudeco, I love this little blade so far. I can't believe I didn't pick one up sooner. I bet you'll enjoy yours too. I was eyeballing the Emerson waved Endura for my next purchase but now I'm thinking the Native's big brother the Manix II will get the nod. I have yet to try the 154CM steel so that will probably seal the deal.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I like the waved Endura but the Manix2 is my EDC of choice and has been since I received it. A lot of knive at the price. Looking forward to getting my CTS-XHP Manix2 preorder filled..
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!