Favorite knife? What is your most 'Prized' knife...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Yeah, the CF UKPK Sal gave me is a very treasured gift and an excellent penknife ... as is the smooth-CF proto I bought in the summer, but that's just because it's a great penknife :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)

Post by 224477 »

C54bmp I got from Paul for Xmas a couple of yrs. back. It was my dream grail knife and Paul made the move and fulfilled that dream. Thanks :)
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

My favorite knife is the blue G-10 BladeForums Native PE. I have 2 - one is my EDC the other sits in my display case untouched.

My most prized knife is a Spyderco Ramco Laguiole. It came from Sals office stash. Long story how I got it but that's what makes it special.
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

I guess like most people here my most prized knives come from my experiences with them. My Millie is probably my most prized Spydie - yeah, it is well used but it has saved mine and other people's lives on a few occasions.

My other most prized knives are my Laguioles which I got when I was living in France. One is made of olive wood and another of stag horn.
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Click the pic to see my :spyder:
mrsteel

Post by mrsteel »

My favorite Spyderco is still my Endura! It's new but does the job!

http://poorfish.com/p-6691-spyderco-end ... 0psbk.aspx

Mrsteel
BlackNinja

Post by BlackNinja »

I would have to go with my Busse Bushwacker Mistress or Busse Boss Jack, satin w/ convex edge & no fuller (blood-groove).
As for my favorite :spyder: folder, the Lil' Temp, hands down! Next would be my Para-1 (which, to me, is a thinner Lil' Temp). :)

I also wish I still had my Chinook I (1) as that is one of my all-time favorite folders too; the lock is unmatched, IMO.
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE PICS :D

I had a really hard time choosing just 1, so I included some others.

My all time favorite -
Cocobolo Delica done by MyKnife

Very very close runner ups:

Alien Engraving on Lava done by MyKnife

Spalted Maple Mule done by Eighth of Eight

Koa wood Mule done by Potterma

More photos of the Delica: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cougar337/ ... 320178691/

More photos of my Spyderco collection:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cougar337/ ... 676371727/

- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

There are several that I have received as gifts that I wouldn't part with, but in terms of knives I have acquired: CF S90V Manix 2 or a full size original Manix.
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

My Manix 2
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK
Pharmagator

Post by Pharmagator »

as for sheer love of the knife itself, I am torn between my Ti Military, my Strider SMF Digicamo, and my Iron-wood large Sebenza - I am too much into these to ever actually carry them... at least for now... still deciding daily between Para-2 and Perrin PPT for EDC... (and usually grabbing my old Millie CE!)
:spyder: My motto: Live and don't learn... :spyder:
Markous

Post by Markous »

I am proud to own this beauty :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
440V, ATS-34, S30V, BG42, S90V, D2 & M4 :D A few of my favorite things
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

That's a pretty tough question once you get a sizeable collection and some years under your collecting-belt. I've received a few knives from good friends, that are certainly very highly prized (and well used). The SFSW Kiwi my wife gave to me for our engagement is very dear to me as well, as was the engraved K04 that cut our wedding cake. For pure function, my favorite spydie has been the CF Stretch 2, ever since it came out.

However, my most prized spydie is the Centofante 3 I got for my dad and he used and abused it for a few years. In hindsight, I actually suspect he did his best to ruin the knife so I had to come over to give the knife tune up and a spa. He refused to learn how to sharpen, he always maintained he got the knife with a 'lifesharp guarantuee'. When he suddenly passed away almost two years ago, we got his personal effects from the abulance crew. Without talking, my mom lifted his rolex and spydie from the bag and gave them to me. About a year later, the knife was there to cut my daughter´s embillical cord. I can only bring myself to carrying and using this spydie on one day of the year.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I've never received a Spydie or any knife as a gift, so I don't have any that hold any sentimental value to me. My favorite though, has to be the Caly 3.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

Favorites can change from time to time, but:
fav Spyderco carry= Bob T with Kuhkri close second.
fav fixed Spyderco=Street Beat
fav Spyderco to look at= Jess Horn with bone handles
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

ChrisR wrote:Yeah, the CF UKPK Sal gave me is a very treasured gift and an excellent penknife ... as is the smooth-CF proto I bought in the summer, but that's just because it's a great penknife :)
my fav knife is chris' fav knife :D :p :D
i couldnt be more jealous. i have 250 plus spydies. every sprint, rare, limited etc and yet that is what i think about the most. the ukpk design is one of my all time fav's and THAT model, and the fact i cant buy it anywhere in the world, would probably be the most prized spydie i could think of.

OTHER THAN THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO START MAKING STUFF UP
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

That will be 3:

Caly III/SE Paul gifted me :cool:
D2 Military and Paramilitary in full SpyderEdge Sal gave me :cool:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
TBob

Post by TBob »

My absolute favorite is the Spyderco Embassy I received as a gift with my call sign laser engraved on the blade. All involved in that treasure will always hold my deepest appreciation.

My favorite fixed blade is a Gerber Mark II. I've had a succession of three, two of which met bad ends over the years. I carried the first one through land survival training, then had one with me every time I flew. They never let me down.
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder:
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

An official Boy Scout knife given to me by my father in 1967. It's what started it all for me. It's been used and abused and now quite rusted and worn.

A Japanese made micro multifunctional knife gifted to me in 1970. Only 1.75 inches long, highly engraved silver scales, and has a 1.3" razor sharp blade, can/bottle opener, scissors, nail file, and toothpick. Quality is exceptional and craftmanship rare by todays' standards.

My first SAK, Camper model, given to me in 1979 by the girl I should have married.

The first Spyderco I purchased in late 1981, a CO1 Worker. What a great decade!

The most recent Spyderco puchased, a Caly 3.5. The closest to perfection for my needs right now.
dennis357

Post by dennis357 »

Endura 3 is my favorite, nice size blade and light
krajos

Post by krajos »

My belowed sister gave me this not expensive rather smallish Spanish fixed blade for Christmas when I was like 14. She was so excited what will I say and how would I like it etc. I told her that I dont like it because it was cheap looking, she cried because of it. Always reminds me what as***** I was/ I am :( ... that is my most prized knife for sure.