Endura3/4 knock-off @ german ebay

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Murdoc

Endura3/4 knock-off @ german ebay

Post by Murdoc »

This one is a mix of E3 blade and G-10 Endura 4 handle with a byrd clip attached.

http://cgi.ebay.de/NAVY-KNIFE-K-631-Typ ... r_werkzeug

Pics taken from the auction site:

A really exact copy (of various parts of different knives, that is) IMO. At least the seller states it is chinese, although he falsely states the copied model was a Police 3.

Don't know if this is any news to the Spydie crew, but that knife is so 100% design copied from the Endura I thought it was at least worth mentioning here.

Dennis
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Crazy - it's just a standard, used NAVY brand rip-off (available on many Chinese sites for a few bucks) ... it's quite clearly a fake and should not be sold. It's even more of a nerve that he mentions that it looks like a Spyderco ... duhhh, yeah of course it does - because it's a rip-off :mad:
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Define "blend" of a models there. I'd call it a Cara Cara handle with a "Police wannabe" blade. I'm a firm believer that turnabout is always fair play, so maybe Spyderco should return the compliment and clone the clone. Given the sub 4" blade, there might be a market for a decently made version of this. ;)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Looks like a rookie to me.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

cosmo7809 wrote:Looks like a rookie to me.
I don't read German but babblefish says klinge = blade, so the listing seems to be saying the blade is 95mm. If that's the case, it's just a bit under 4". So it's way bigger than the Rookie, not to mention that the Rookie does not have a 50/50 choil.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Looks more like a Police blade to me too.
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Yes, I didn't realize the swedge that makes it more Police-like than I initially thought. Without it, it could well be an Endura3 blade plus added choil, but I admit that aside from the (lack of) length, there's more than a little (Police)Rookie in there...

after all, it just is pretty obviously a blend of various Spyderco designs. The round hole tops it off.

Actually, the handle is so close to a genuine byrd that I wonder if something "leaked out" from the byrd factory there...

and yes Paul, Klinge means blade... ;)

Dennis