Mall ninja?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

SolidState wrote:I don't have any pictures of the tip of my HC1086M on this computer, but it is a standard chu-kissaki which is the most common on japanese-forged katana. It is not the flat, "American Tanto" style. I do have one of those swords, but it is Kris Cutlery's Ninjato. It's okay for a sharp prybar. I also have a reworked, tsubaless, cut-down katana that I call Stickbat McThwack. I use it to cut bamboo and other hard targets that I like to cut but don't like to risk the edge of a custom piece on($$$).

Note, stickbat and the 1086 are 22" blade, which together make a pretty good sinawali set.

My daisho (all of which are Tai-Kai approved!) is an important part of life to me. Budo!

Your more of a mall samurai then a ninja. Domo arigato for the info. :)
thewannabesurvivalist
Tank

Post by Tank »

Speaking of mall ninjas. this has been around for a while but it sure is a funny read.
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/
-John
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

HellHound wrote:Later came the chinese ones, they were not as good as the former though. :)
I wasn't aware there ever are any Chinese ninjas. :confused:
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

jzmtl wrote:I wasn't aware there ever are any Chinese ninjas. :confused:
Woop looks like I made a blooper :( it said that in 17-18 century writings of ninjas appeared in grate numbers like in one following the chinese military philosophy, naturally I thought that it meant that they were maybe like spy's for the military in china.
thewannabesurvivalist
Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tank wrote:Speaking of mall ninjas. this has been around for a while but it sure is a funny read.
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/
OMG! That is absolutely one of the funniest things I've ever read :D I wonder if this is one big joke or if they are serious. When i was six i had my share of fantasy's playing war with my friends but my dear lord these guys should be locked up or something. they say they are grown men!!
Black FRN D4 CE
Ladybug Salt SE
SS D'fly PE
Carbon Fiber Caly3 ZDP-189
dialex

Post by dialex »

This reminds me of some talks I had with some people that seemed very knowleadgeble with a large variety of weapons. Since I only had the occasion to fire only four different types of pistols and five types of rifles in my life, two of them being hunting rifles, I naturally asked where did they had the chance to try such a wide assortment of weapons.
And they said from Counterstrike and Call of Duty... :rolleyes:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
AllenETreat

mall ninja?

Post by AllenETreat »

ninja sminja, you can't karate chop a bullet ;)
AET
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

dialex wrote:This reminds me of some talks I had with some people that seemed very knowleadgeble with a large variety of weapons. Since I only had the occasion to fire only four different types of pistols and five types of rifles in my life, two of them being hunting rifles, I naturally asked where did they had the chance to try such a wide assortment of weapons.
And they said from Counterstrike and Call of Duty... :rolleyes:
LOL and I'm experienced with BFG9000 too!