How many knives do you carry on an average day?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How many knives do you carry on an average day?

33%
32%
23%
4%
5+
7%
None
No votes

Total votes: 135

Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Inside my home I generally carry one 1 primary knife, usually it's the newest one undergoing testing.
Outside my home I always carry a LadybugIII PE in my keychain as a backup/extra-fine work knife.
Alongside that I carry a primary knife, either a one-handed folder clipped to my RF pocket or a sub 3" fixed blade on my belt.
On top of that in my EDC bag I have a Leatherman Charge TTi with PE and SE blades, so that makes a total of FOUR!? Man I feel like a freak. :D
I guess I'll feel normal after Doc waltzes in and shares his load. :p
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

I almost always carry two. One that can be opened one-handed and locks (Kuhkuri today) and either a regular slipjoint or my Bob T.
indie_dave

Post by indie_dave »

usually just the cricket for casual. but at work i carry three: saver salt or pacific salt, leatherman charge, and bm rescue hook (the one with the O2 wrench and can opener) :)
·EDC·ChapparralGBAirPara2LionSpyBalance·Gave:^)·AssistJumpmasterPacificSaltSaverSaltLumTantoDelica·Wish·StarmateSouthforkATRSaltDflyKumoBarongKhukri·LosT_T·Para2Cricket
davibocce

Post by davibocce »

2 - 3 depending where I go.

Manix 2 in RBP or LBP
Endura 4 in RFP
Ladybug on keychain (but it's a special keychain where I only have the LB and a Leatherman Squirt S4 - so sometimes I do not carry it)
:spyder: Manix 2 | Delica 4 FFG | Endura 4 FFG | Endura 4 G10 | Tenacious | Labybug 3 | Byrd Finch :spyder:
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I carry anywhere from 12-17 knives daily....sometime more, and sometimes less...but no less than 10.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

delica and a ladybug
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I'd say today is typical....

right now:
spyderench on left hip, squirt EL on right hip, subcom with keys in left rear, zowada in right front

If I'm not at work I've got something in left front, if not something on my neck (usually the ss dragonfly).
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
schneider

Post by schneider »

I carry a Military in my right front pocket, a Ladybug in my watch pocket (also RFP), and there's a SAK classic attached to my keychain in my left front pocket.

The Ladybug probably gets the most use out of all of them. It's big enough for most things I need to do and doesn't scare most people. And VG-10 gets nice and sharp :)
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Two.

One of my numerous Spydies
and
- which I tend to forget about to a point where I get in trouble when checking in at the airport - a SAK on my keyring. Had one there since the Eighties I think :) Recently bought a new one, a "Silver Tech" Victorinox.

Dennis
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Outside:
during the week: C83 Persian, VG10 Caly3, Kopa Coco + LB
on weekends: C83 Persian, C105 Lil Persian + LB
At home only Persian
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm a one knife man, almost always in my front right pocket which at the moment is my Caly 3. I carried a Leatherman for a while but those things are just too heavy for EDC for my taste which is a real shame because i like having one on me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Only one - and I feel "well knifed" :D
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Nifty_Nives

Post by Nifty_Nives »

I have that too! that is a beautiful tool, because it gets through airport security simply because it looks like a key on a keyring. Now if Spyderco made a knife that could transform like in the movies...
unit wrote:I have a friend that "carries" hundreds on a daily basis...he is a dealer LOL.

I really only carry one, but I have this ridiculous utili-key on my key ring that I carry for some odd reason. If I ever attempt to use it, I am almost certain I will cut myself more than anything else....been carrying it for better than 8 years and NEVER used it. That makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

Andy
Redeye

Post by Redeye »

I only carry one knife on an average day, either a foliage UKPK or one of many SAKs.

I've never carried more than three knives at once in my life, even when fishing, camping or bushcrafting.
Pharmagator

Post by Pharmagator »

My wife bought me one of those 'key ring' knives... it is still on my keyring... I am not sure if I can open it anymore...

sak on the same keyring...

Military CPM 440V serrated in rfp

Leatherman in my briefcase...
:spyder: My motto: Live and don't learn... :spyder:
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I try to keep it down to twenty, not counting multi-tools. ;)
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Splice

Post by Splice »

I think I'll wind up with four as of this weekend. Dude at the Flea Market was selling meerkats with reverse S blades for $35. Don't know why I passed it up last week as a nice deep carry fully serrated knife would go really well with my current set up. I'm thinking about changing all my clips over to left pocket since I'm unable to move my sebenza out of the right pocket.
Baconman69

Post by Baconman69 »

I carry 2 E4W, SE in the rfp, PE in the lfp. I also carry a Manix 2 in the brp and a small SAK on my keyring.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I usually carry something big and something small. I voted 3 though, because I almost always have something tiny too, like the blade on a Leatherman PS4.
:bug-red-white
spliggs

Post by spliggs »

I always carry at least 2, but sometimes more depending on the day, what I'm doing, where I'm going, etc.