Mall ninja?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
HellHound

Mall ninja?

Post by HellHound »

OK,so I'm bored out of my skull thought maybe I ask an intresting question. Anyone here have any ninja edc gear with you I'm talking bout any kind of shuriken's,bo shuriken's or a throwing knife ,koga, anything?
thewannabesurvivalist
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Does my umbrella count? :)
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

2cha wrote:Does my umbrella count? :)
Ya I guess that could be qualified as a ninja staff lol :D
thewannabesurvivalist
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I have a County Police Officer that I train who is Chinese...He tells this story of when he was on patrol one night which could only happen to a Chinese American Police officer...LOL....So there he sits in his cruiser and the call comes over his radio to investigate a report of a Ninja on the roof ( a commercial building in his patrol area). He drives to the address and sits on the side of the building shinning his light towards the roof....NOTHING...so he starts to write his report...Then out of the blue he hears tink tink tink, dink dink, and notices something boucing off the roof and hood of his patrol car...Yep...you quessed it...throwing stars....so now he can't exit the car because the stars keep coming....he now has to call for back up, and explain in his call that there is a Ninja on the roof throwing throwing stars at him and he is pinned in the car under constant attack....LOL (in his panic he never thought to move the car LOL)...back up arrives and three officers are now shinning lights onto the roof when a Ninja appears peaking over the ledge on the roof of the building...he is dressed in full Ninja gear..head to toe, wearing the black outfit, head gear wrap, the toed boots and a sword strapped to his back. One of the officers yells "hey you come down here." To their very suprise the Ninja Jumps off the roof (one story) and lands on his fight and goes into a fighting stance....All three Officers had to draw their guns, for the Ninja to surrender...LOL...This is a true story, wish I had been there to LMAO....The Officer in question (my student) took quite a ribbing for many months over that incident...Of course the fact that he was Chinese and everyone knew he studied Chinese Kung Fu with me didn't help...LOL...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I have a County Police Officer that I train who is Chinese...He tells this story of when he was on patrol one night which could only happen to a Chinese American Police officer...LOL....So there he sits in his cruiser and the call comes over his radio to investigate a report of a Ninja on the roof ( a commercial building in his patrol area). He drives to the address and sits on the side of the building shinning his light towards the roof....NOTHING...so he starts to write his report...Then out of the blue he hears tink tink tink, dink dink, and notices something boucing off the roof and hood of his patrol car...Yep...you quessed it...throwing stars....so now he can't exit the car because the stars keep coming....he now has to call for back up, and explain in his call that there is a Ninja on the roof throwing throwing stars at him and he is pinned in the car under constant attack....LOL (in his panic he never thought to move the car LOL)...back up arrives and three officers are now shinning lights onto the roof when a Ninja appears peaking over the ledge on the roof of the building...he is dressed in full Ninja gear..head to toe, wearing the black outfit, head gear wrap, the toed boots and a sword strapped to his back. One of the officers yells "hey you come down here." To their very suprise the Ninja Jumps off the roof (one story) and lands on his fight and goes into a fighting stance....All three Officers had to draw their guns, for the Ninja to surrender...LOL...This is a true story, wish I had been there to LMAO....The Officer in question (my student) took quite a ribbing for many months over that incident...Of course the fact that he was Chinese and everyone knew he studied Chinese Kung Fu with me didn't help...LOL...Doc :D
Thats a cool story Doc,had no idea there were nut job ninjas out there,and can't blame the guy for freakin out I mean getting under a rain of throwing stars is not exactly standart stuff. :D And ninjas are japanese not chinese they're even documented in some 8th century kanji scrolls as "shinobi". Later came the chinese ones, they were not as good as the former though. :)
thewannabesurvivalist
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I have a County Police Officer that I train who is Chinese...He tells this story of when he was on patrol one night which could only happen to a Chinese American Police officer...LOL....So there he sits in his cruiser and the call comes over his radio to investigate a report of a Ninja on the roof ( a commercial building in his patrol area). He drives to the address and sits on the side of the building shinning his light towards the roof....NOTHING...so he starts to write his report...Then out of the blue he hears tink tink tink, dink dink, and notices something boucing off the roof and hood of his patrol car...Yep...you quessed it...throwing stars....so now he can't exit the car because the stars keep coming....he now has to call for back up, and explain in his call that there is a Ninja on the roof throwing throwing stars at him and he is pinned in the car under constant attack....LOL (in his panic he never thought to move the car LOL)...back up arrives and three officers are now shinning lights onto the roof when a Ninja appears peaking over the ledge on the roof of the building...he is dressed in full Ninja gear..head to toe, wearing the black outfit, head gear wrap, the toed boots and a sword strapped to his back. One of the officers yells "hey you come down here." To their very suprise the Ninja Jumps off the roof (one story) and lands on his fight and goes into a fighting stance....All three Officers had to draw their guns, for the Ninja to surrender...LOL...This is a true story, wish I had been there to LMAO....The Officer in question (my student) took quite a ribbing for many months over that incident...Of course the fact that he was Chinese and everyone knew he studied Chinese Kung Fu with me didn't help...LOL...Doc :D
Hey Doc, while were on the subject,any storys with parkour. You know some guy running from the force,vaulting on walls,roof tops anything like that?
thewannabesurvivalist
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I had a ninjato at one point... fun little sword. It's probably in a storage unit somewhere.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
MCM

Post by MCM »

I have been known to go a bit overboard at times while shopping.......

:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

Jordan wrote:I had a ninjato at one point... fun little sword. It's probably in a storage unit somewhere.
That's pretty kewl :)
thewannabesurvivalist
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

MCM wrote:I have been known to go a bit overboard at times while shopping.......

Now that's a mall ninja :D What's that straped to the back?
thewannabesurvivalist
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Actually the very item that basicly started it all and got me into knives and stuff was a throwing star my friend brought as a souvenier from a trip.
I still have it and will never get rid of it, though it is fun to throw every once in a while along with all the other random throwing toys I got during my early years. :D
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I wear black Vibram 5fingers KSOs which are pretty ninja-ish footwear, but they're great for gymnastics and parkour. I also have quite a bit of climbing gear, and a few kodachi. One of them is even an Omimi (Howard Clark) 1086M with an extended handle. It is of a size deemed legitimate for ninja use by the Bujinkan.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

SolidState wrote:I wear black Vibram 5fingers KSOs which are pretty ninja-ish footwear, but they're great for gymnastics and parkour. I also have quite a bit of climbing gear, and a few kodachi. One of them is even an Omimi (Howard Clark) 1086M with an extended handle. It is of a size deemed legitimate for ninja use by the Bujinkan.
Any chance of a photo? I have only seen a few short katana's here in LT. I'm wondering about the very tip is it tanto style or a bit more bowie like?
thewannabesurvivalist
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

HellHound wrote:Hey Doc, while were on the subject,any storys with parkour. You know some guy running from the force,vaulting on walls,roof tops anything like that?
Parkour in a lot of ways can be compared to my intensive Shaolin Kung Fu Training over the years, disciplined training with an emphasis on functional strength, physical conditioning, balance, creativity, fluidity, control, coordination, precision and spatial awareness. just for starters. Brings back memories of the grueling hours of training my teachers put me through. Lessons sometimes 8-14 hours a day. Standing in low stances for hours at a time, building power to the legs, jumping out of 4' pits with 20 lbs of weight on each ankle, (that took some time LOL) and when I could finally do it....add another ten pounds to each leg...LOL...Training and fighting on top of 6' pilings, (sometimes blindfolded). Training and fighting on and in all different environments from concrete, to ice, wall tops, in water, rain, gravel and sand, wooden bench tops, talc covered lineoleum floors...the list goes on and on. Jumping, running, leaping, dodging around and over all kinds of objects...kinda sounds like Parkour doesn't it. Not like Free-Running...nothing fancy in our leaps and jumps...more like Parkour..just functional....I'm starting to remember all the aches and pains of this endeavor....LOL...Happy now are you?....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

HellHound

Post by HellHound »

Dr. Snubnose wrote: ....I'm starting to remember all the aches and pains of this endeavor....LOL...Happy now are you?....Doc :D
Ya Doc sorry to remind you of your painful past :D
thewannabesurvivalist
SaturnNyne

Post by SaturnNyne »

How long did it take before you could snatch the pebble from his hand, Doc?
"Nothing makes a knife maker-designer feel better than to see their efforts used." -Ed
~ My knives list ~
~ Knife photos ~
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Doc's story makes me think of what athletes must do to train for Ninja Warrior, a japanese program, available in US on G4 network from time to time. In particular, during US open qualification trials, a martial artist who calls himself "Blackie Chan," performed quite well compared to the rest of the field, but couldn't compete against the parkour/free running crowd.
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

SaturnNyne wrote:How long did it take before you could snatch the pebble from his hand, Doc?
More like,snatch the smokes from my hand little Grasshopper, Lol :D . Ehh,Doc?
thewannabesurvivalist
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

SaturnNyne wrote:How long did it take before you could snatch the pebble from his hand, Doc?
Took me two minutes to figure out what took David Carridene 20 years.... Never look for the obvious...you can't take the pebble from someones hand if you go after the pebble...you must go after the hand and knock the pebble up into your palm as you strike the hand downwards....It always suprises people...just how good I am at it...there I gave you the ancient secret...go practice it now weedhopper ....Doc :p :D

SolidState

Post by SolidState »

HellHound wrote:Any chance of a photo? I have only seen a few short katana's here in LT. I'm wondering about the very tip is it tanto style or a bit more bowie like?
I don't have any pictures of the tip of my HC1086M on this computer, but it is a standard chu-kissaki which is the most common on japanese-forged katana. It is not the flat, "American Tanto" style. I do have one of those swords, but it is Kris Cutlery's Ninjato. It's okay for a sharp prybar. I also have a reworked, tsubaless, cut-down katana that I call Stickbat McThwack. I use it to cut bamboo and other hard targets that I like to cut but don't like to risk the edge of a custom piece on($$$).

Note, stickbat and the 1086 are 22" blade, which together make a pretty good sinawali set.

My daisho (all of which are Tai-Kai approved!) is an important part of life to me. Budo!

"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy