2010 Forum Knife Poll redo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Which would you choose for the next forum knife if you had to choose form this group?

$44 FRN UKPK
45%
$50 Swick
2%
$68 FRN Native
6%
$70 Mule
4%
$86 G10 Manix2
33%
$95 G10 UKPK
9%

Total votes: 140

cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Tousie wrote:Until things get sorted out in NYC it's pretty much the only thing shipping here...and a ffg frn ukpk would be sweet
+1

I think the Native and Manix should be excluded because last year the forum knife was a native and the manix because there is already so many variations. With another to come out ;)

I like to think of the forum knife as a "experiment" and being one of a kind. With a manix there is really nothing else to do expect etch the blade...

Btw: not trying to bash Sequimite as he is doing a great job of getting members opinions and helping the great folks at spyderco.
Come Join Us Click Here
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

Guess I am in the minority yet again. UKPK in G-10 would win my vote. Even better with maroon Micarta scales.
Redeye

Post by Redeye »

Voted FRN UKPK, and not just because I'm a Brit! I chose it because it's the most accessible knife for all forum members because of the price and the slipjoint.

If it's the FRN UKPK it means that New Yorkers can get a Forum knife, Europeans can get a Forum knife, people having a hard time with the recession can get a Forum knife.

Saying that, I'll repeat what I said in the last thread: I would be grateful to have the chance of buying ANY 2010 Forum knife.
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

Redeye wrote:
If it's the FRN UKPK it means that New Yorkers can get a Forum knife, Europeans can get a Forum knife, people having a hard time with the recession can get a Forum knife.
An excellent observation Redeye.
In omnia paratus
MCM

Post by MCM »

LorenzoL wrote:Yeah, except that aren't Mules supposed to get a larger number of users acquainted to not so common steels? I mean, an S30V Mule would make no sense at all, IMHO.

And let's try to keep the etching in check, if possible.
If I had to pick one on the list, the mule is the most exiting.... even in S30v.

The plus side is, Sal will build what he wants as a Forum knife and probaby not use this "vote" at all. :D
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

I voted for Native FFG since I missed out last year, but in thinking about it, there have been so many Native forum versions, that it seems over done. So, Im changing my vote to what I wanted in the first place last time Seq did the poll. Manix 2 in natural G10. I also do agree that the Manix 2 has been proliferated in a quick time period. But I only have one, so another is still good.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Ski

Post by Ski »

Sheepsfoot/Wharnie UKPK!

Engraved backspring!

And a big pile of them to go around too..
Ted
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ICSK

Post by ICSK »

I picked the FRN UKPK for several reasons. First of all, I'm fairly sure that the rest of the choices have been made within the last few years whether it be production or sprint run. Secondly, At that price range, it's very tempting NOT to buy several. I'd love to buy a few just to try out Spyderco's UKPK knife (and have one or two as safe queens). If Spyderco could offer this knife at that price point, I believe it'd be a great way for new users (like myself) to test the waters on Spyderco's slip joint knives without having to delve into the bug line, which I'm not a fan of. After all, it would be about half the price of a normal UKPK in S-30V. In addition to that, knife laws aren't becoming any more lenient. If this knife comes to fruition, it'll give everyone equal footing for all the law-abiding knife users of the forum if they choose to employ this knife in an EDC role. Lastly, it'd be a testament as to how far the knife industry has gotten. Being new to the knife world, I don't know much about the GIN-1 steel but I do know that it used to be considered a high-end steel. It amazes me to see how far the metallurgy industry has come. I simply can't emphasize it enough with my words!

On a side note, I wouldn't mind if Spyderco made the UKPK forum knife in S-30V at that price as well :rolleyes:
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Ski,
An FRN UKPK as you described would be quite appealing to me as well.

ICSK,
The Bug line is, despite popular opinion, a great triumvirate of knives. Have regularly used both the Bug and the Grasshopper and both are unique and effective blades on their own merits, novelty aside.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

again?

edit: to explain this i think this should all be Spydercos blessing to US forumites

we should be happy with what we get from them, we are already happy with the knives they provide for us.
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

$95 UKPK...Oh he// yeah :cool: :D !

John
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Truth is, on one level I could care less. I'd be in for a 2010 Spyderco Forum Knife regardless of what model was chosen. ****, if they did a Forum Citadel I'd figure out a way to get my paws on one. ;)

On the other hand, I voted for the Native and would vote to make it the Forum Model from now on.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
spyderholic

Post by spyderholic »

FRN UKPK, this is going to be a real nice model as standard so a forum model will be something special.
:spyder: bug, urban wharncliffe, endura 4 pe, ukpk frn drop point pe, matriarch sprint run pe,
aka jim410 over on BB. :D
Peruna

Post by Peruna »

I voted for the FRN UKPK, we should let our foreign participants enjoy and carry the forum knife. Besides a FFG FRN UKPK has a ring.
Turkey!

Post by Turkey! »

A FRN UKPK in the same blue as the new Delica colour, or the Green like they used on the USN forum knife sounds good to me.
Donut

Post by Donut »

At the moment, I'm not sure if I want to bite on any of the models listed.

Maybe the Manix 2 if it is FFG.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I didn't vote and don't have a preference other than plain edge. If it's PE, I'm getting it.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Anything but a Native or something I have to make my own sheath for.

- best wishes, Jazz.
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

Well i originally voted swick 2 but seeing that its not getting a whole lot of votes my second choice would be the frn ffg ukpk with a interestingly colored frn
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK
v8r

Post by v8r »

I'll probably buy one no matter what it is.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p