Endura / Delica - full flat FRN - need input

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
papaac

Post by papaac »

MCM wrote:Dark Navy blue & Dark Maroon,
Add orange and maybe yellow?
tradja

Post by tradja »

If this is an early 2010 release, I bet the colors have already been selected. Man, I sure am looking forward to these!
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

If they made the black clips like the one on the Bob-T slip-it I would love them. The one on my Bob-T is anodized and after being clipped to the pocket for months it still has no marks on it. The clip on my D2 Para was scratched all to **** after only a day or two.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

papaac wrote:Add orange and maybe yellow?
I hope not! We already have a decent selection of knives in these colors.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Murdoc wrote:Well, in a way, we already have the FFG FRN readily available....

just with ZDP steel! Sal once again surprised the whole community with silently changing the E4 ZDP model from flat saber grind to FFG. No new designation, no step up in numbering, no message on the forums, NOTHING at all (afaik). Just a little answer on bladeforums after lots of days and posts that this change HAS happened and WILL happen to the Delica 4 ZDP as soon as stock of the FSG will be depleted.

To me, that is one of the biggest surprises this year... we (sooner or later) saw most of the new knives coming, but not this one. Sal classifies this as Spydercos normal CQI (Constant Quality Improvement) to existing models, but I think it is more. After all, lots of us (including me) sent their ZDP Endura off to Krein etc. to get that knife config done aftermarket, so this change is more than just a finer jimping or different washers :rolleyes:

Dennis

I'm not seeing the Spyderco/Spider emblem. It on the other side? :confused:
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

really hope to see more of the new MeerKat blue FRN in the future!
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
ChaosSpear

Post by ChaosSpear »

Blerv wrote:I'm not seeing the Spyderco/Spider emblem. It on the other side? :confused:
It is a sad thing, but the spyder emblem is stamped on. When milling down a saber grind to a ffg, the top layer of steel, and thus the emblem, are worn off.

Basically, flattening the blade takes off the spyder.

But, if it were factory ffg before being stamped and released, it should still be able to have the logo.

At least, this is what i remember.
Proud owner of a meadowlark g10!! :spyder:

slice22358 wrote:You and your ball lock obsession:D
:rolleyes: Guilty :p
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

clovisc wrote:really hope to see more of the new MeerKat blue FRN in the future!
this. oh and tan of course. tan is my favorite, something about it drives me crazy. i kind of get that feeling when i look at my new meercat. sal i beg you, gimme tan ANYTHNG.PLEASE, OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE A TAN DODO? OR TAN FRN MILI?
i talked to some one on BF through email bout my tan "grail" OED, he led me to belive i would finally get one and hasn't responded to my mails. i don't know if he thinks that i will offer more than $400 for it and he's trying to get more cause he knows im desperate for it! but tan is still my all time favorite color, but that powder blue grey is phenominal too
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

http://yourcornerstore.com/index.php?ma ... s_id=16978

* Blade Detail: Plain Edge
* Blade Length (inches): 2.91
* Blade Material: VG10
* Carry System: Lanyard
* Handle Material: Gray FRN
* Lock Style: Lock Back
* Overall Length (inches): 7.16

the picture also shows black pins :cool:
In omnia paratus
spionjohan

Post by spionjohan »

Nice job on the new Delica and Enduras!

They seem to be very popular! People seems to not just buy one color :)

Dont know if anyone still checks this thread... but wanted to know if there are any plans on doing the Delicas and Enduras FFG in black FRN handle?
Though all the new colors are very nice, Im more of a "all things in black" kinda guy :)

Hopefully you are going to keep the FFG blade and not make the FFG FRN models a temporary thing!
Wardo

A "Must Have" Color Combination

Post by Wardo »

How about something for our troops? I'm thinking desert tan or coyote brown handle and a desert camo tiger stripe blade (or just a black blade if you have to.) :D

You'll sell a bunch of them.
THG

Post by THG »

spionjohan wrote:Dont know if anyone still checks this thread... but wanted to know if there are any plans on doing the Delicas and Enduras FFG in black FRN handle?
Though all the new colors are very nice, Im more of a "all things in black" kinda guy :)
Two possible solutions are to use black RIT dye and to do a scale swap with a regular production D4 or E4.
Im not good at sharpening, even with a sharpmaker. How get your blade good can your blade with an edge pro system? - Bladeforums user

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? - Some Online Meme