I'm pissed at the Madhouse

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
2cha

I'm pissed at the Madhouse

Post by 2cha »

Wife and 2 sons went to Chicago this afternoon to attend the Stanley Cup--sons are 11 and 8 years old. We live in a Philly suburb--aren't big hockey fans, but the opportunity came up for first row 200 level seats,... Some loser Chicago fan scared the younger boy so badly he's crying and wants to leave the game. Kinda glad I'm not there--no pleasure in spending the weekend in lock-up (been there, done that, don't want to do it again). Sadly, I wish my family weren't there either. Imbecile hockey fans ruined what should have been a joyful and fun experience. :mad:
monsterdog

Post by monsterdog »

Tell your wife to invite that moron down here to Philly, and I'll help you make him feel like a scared 8 year old too.. Why would he scare an young kid, and how did he do it?
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

That's total BS! I have a real problem with morons who pick on kids!

I had a 250 lb Bozo with all the usual crap: Shaved head, Tattoos, baggy pants, earrings the whole bit. He went after my then 17 year old daughter, pushed her up the glass window of an ice cream parlor and held her there. Oh, and he got in a nice grab of her breast!

The commands I barked, with my Strider in hand, emptied the ice cream parlor in two seconds

Well, to cut to the chase...I almost killed him, yes, me 125, pound 48 year old gentlemen. He got the worst beating he could have ever thought of. It took my daughter and two others to stop me. He crapped out many teeth the next day!

I am sure his entire face was black and blue for months.

Later at home Cop shows up, first thing he says is, "Sir, you are NOT going to jail." I was a hero to the officer, but he did have to follow up. He told he would have the done the exact same thing. He wanted me to have the guy arrested, but, after what he got that was enough!

Thank you Uncle Chuck for all the Special Forces training you gave me!

My Uncle was a US Army Lt. col., Airborne, Special Forces, Green Beret, SOG Vietnam, KIA 4-23-67. He was a very young Lt. Col, at age 33.

He was a West Point Graduate, War College, and the Army sent him to USC for a Masters Degree in math, plus he held many masters degrees in Soviet studies, and philosophy, Spoke Russian, French, Vietnamese. Before his volunteering for Vietnam, he was involved in US nuclear weapons strategies at the pentagon.

He had many other assignments in the Army, and was heavily decorated. To his day, I EDC his Silver Maple Leaf rank insignia with me.

His brother , my other uncle, was also accepted to West Point, but chose to enlist in the regular army, so my Grandmother raised two men accepted to West Point, and me too. I was too skinny for the Army.

So, I had two Army instructors train me at an early age for just the kind of moron my poor daughter encountered that night. Funny thing in school, the teachers were afraid of me! Even the PE coaches.

You Don't touch women, kids, or scare children, ever! Wish I was there, he would be in Chicago General!

I do not know what is wrong with people, your kids went to a Hockey game, something kids love and to have some jerk scare them to that level...that is awful! Just awful! Not to mention he ruined the fun of the event for them.

Sorry your wife and kids had to go thru such a scary thing. Hey, all my teen wanted was ice cream.

If anyone does anything to my family, my wife, daughter, nieces, I will do the same thing, and if I go to jail for it...good! Hey, I can beat a gang member everyday!

There are way too many people that feel they can dress all tough and scary, and frankly, I am tired of people thinking they are cool! Dressing like this is to scare people, and really these guys have issues with themselves.

Nevertheless, touch my family, and I become a different person...again, you never touch girls, women, or kids! Or the elderly!

Again, on behalf of my wife, daughter, and myself, we feel for you as to what happened, and hope your wife and children are doing well.

Hope all is good otherwise.

Best,

Toad

PS...I was never in a fight of any kind since JHS, but now, I train in my studio everyday, as the world has changed. I can also field strip most hand guns in seconds, and scatter the parts. I do this blind folded.

I could also change film in SLRs in 4 seconds total . Many VIP people loved watching me do that.
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

Sorry my above post went on, but I just have a real problem with people who Don't conduct themselves properly with women, children, and the elderly.

Best,

Toad
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Sorry to hear that man. Hockey fans are nuts, and some people have no common sense/respect for people.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Thanks for the support--being from Philly, I probably shouldn't say anything given that Flyers fans have been known to beat other Flyers fans to death in the parking lot.

It all ended up OK, and kids had a great time. As it turned out, with the exception of the first bunch, most of the Chicago fans were great. I pressed wife for more details, and, true to her character, could get only "feelings" and "impressions." She said that the small group of 20 something beer brains were so bad that she said, "You do realize they are just kids, don't you?" The response was, "Well then you shouldn't have brought 'em here!"

I'm just glad that the little guy got past it. As wife said, he learned a valuable lesson about being--if only for a short while--a denigrated minority. The lesson that I'll impress upon him when he gets home is that some "small minded" people pick on the weak and outnumbered in order to feel better about themselves.

They are spending the remainder of the weekend at cousin's weekend place on Lake Delavan in Wisconsin. Wish I were there,...
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Some people in this world just suck.

Honestly, I do my best to avoid large crowds and events where drunken A-Holes are likely to be found for exactly the reasons you listed here. It does nothing but lead to trouble, and if there's one thing on planet earth I cannot abide by is someone messing with my family.

I'm very sorry to hear that your sons had to tolerate the antics of a group of primates.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

Sorry your kids had a rough time. I was watching the game in Northern Liberties with my girlfriend, her cousin, and cousin's fiance. We had a great time and while we lost, what a great game! They've not been winning first games, so I'm not worried.

Bought my hat today. Flyers in 6?
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

Toad310 wrote:Sorry my above post went on, but I just have a real problem with people who Don't conduct themselves properly with women, children, and the elderly.

Best,

Toad
Don't worry about it, the same thoughts go through my head, they did my Father before me and they pulse strong in my Son who is much taller and bigger than me.

No excuse for what happened to that little girl............none!

Regards,

BRIAN
2cha

Post by 2cha »

On a lighter note, the turn within the thread reminds me of this little blub in a weekly magazine in a column called "Good week for,... and Bad week for"

"Bad week for:
Three Australian thugs who began robbing and beating a German medical student in Sydney right outsideNinja Senshi Ryu, a ninja warrior school. "You should have seen their faces when they saw us in ninja gear coming toward them," one of the ninjas said. While fleeing in panic, the thugs were arrested."

So, Toad310's thug had a bad week! Even worse potentially than the beating was likely trying to explain to his peers how he received a whooping at the hands of a man half his weight!
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

sorry to hear about that, you know the saying instant a-hole, just add liquor. as a Chicagoan please accept my apologies for the idiots that bothered your kids. now on to Game 3 :) .
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Ski

Post by Ski »

Toad, while I won't comment on your actions, I'm very happy you had the means to respond WITHOUT use of your knife.

It sounds like as a result of having it in possesion, you didn't feel the need to use it.

T
*Cho*

Post by *Cho* »

I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure both the hawks and the flyer's arena should have a family seating area. I know Vancouver's GM Place does. I don't know exactly what the view is from those seats but I imagine it isn't that bad. In the future if you do plan a family outing to a hockey game and want to avoid possible *** hats you may want to look into that section. The only downside is no beer for anyone which is probably why there are no *** hats.

Glad to hear your family enjoy the game I bet the atmosphere was buzzing.