Collector number ONE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
henk1966

Collector number ONE

Post by henk1966 »

who has the biggest collection?Pic,s???? :eek:

Definitely not me.... :rolleyes:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

henk1966 wrote:who has the biggest collection?Pic,s???? :eek:

Definitely not me.... :rolleyes:
May be not biggest collection, but one of the best I know. Pictures are amazing

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20160
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
henk1966

Post by henk1966 »

One word.....WOW!!!!!!!!! :eek: ;)
jlamb

Post by jlamb »

I have often wondered who has the largest collection of spydies as well. I have seen some nice ones on here, but just curious if there is one person that is ahead by far- other than sal and gang.
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

Paul (The Deacon) is a contender. Peter is up there in top 10 i would think, there's a few people with substantial collections which doesn't post here, then there's Recoil (Haven't seen him much around lately), i have a fairly large collection (still), and there's probably quite a few here with large collections which never mentions it for one reason or another.
I can tell you, it's more than 400 to be a contender for the top three, probably more than 500 :eek: :rolleyes:
Henning
Certified :spyder: addict

Help out at: http://www.spydiewiki.com for everyone's benefit!
araneae

Post by araneae »

Sal perhaps?
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

araneae wrote:Sal perhaps?
My first thought too. Sal, or maybe Eric. Think about it. You make knives and you are starting a Collector's club and passing out numbers. Which number would you give yourself? :D
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

Actually, collector number 001 was a former Spyderco employee. Can't remember which number Sal has right now...
Henning

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Well a few years back I had in the neighborhood of about 500+ Spydercos...but since then I given away 82 Ronins to local law enforcement agencies and about 55 others to forum members and friends, so my collection has dwindled some, but I'd venture to say that Paul (The Deacon) has that in Kiwi's alone...So lets just call my collection an honorable mention....one must remember that I have been collecting spydercos for over twenty years and have never sold a single one, but did trade one away, a commemorative Worker for a Rock Salt...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Azad

Post by Azad »

It's not a race and if it was one there's no way I'd be a contender. Judging by posts though I'd say Paul is right up there or at least in the top 5.
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Well a few years back I had in the neighborhood of about 500+ Spydercos...but since then I given away 82 Ronins to local law enforcement agencies and about 55 others to forum members and friends, so my collection has dwindled some, but I'd venture to say that Paul (The Deacon) has that in Kiwi's alone...So lets just call my collection an honorable mention....one must remember that I have been collecting spydercos for over twenty years and have never sold a single one, but did trade one away, a commemorative Worker for a Rock Salt...Doc :D
You are one of those who rarely mentions the size of your collection :)
There's a few others here as well who, based on their knowledge, almost certainly has quite a few.
I know one person who used to post here who has at least 500 but probably a lot more.
So there's really no answer to this, unless all collectors fess up and post how many they have. And i now i'd be reluctant to do that. That means it could be used against me later :eek: :rolleyes: :p
Henning

jlamb

Post by jlamb »

Fairlane wrote:You are one of those who rarely mentions the size of your collection :)
There's a few others here as well who, based on their knowledge, almost certainly has quite a few.
I know one person who used to post here who has at least 500 but probably a lot more.
So there's really no answer to this, unless all collectors fess up and post how many they have. And i now i'd be reluctant to do that. That means it could be used against me later :eek: :rolleyes: :p
Yes, it is dangerous to talk numbers especially if the wives start to log on.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

I think Jeff is CC#1...
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

jlamb wrote:Yes, it is dangerous to talk numbers especially if the wives start to log on.
LOL...I know everytime my wife says "What you need another knife?!?!" I say..."What...you cook with one pot!!!" Seems to work for me. As far as announcing numbers...I doubt very much anyone cares how many knives you own...that being said...the only time they care is when you are caught doing something criminal. As a former US Special Agent, Martial Arts Instructor and collector with over 3,000 sharp things, I can tell you this, if you are involved in criminal activity, the authorities will come to your house and count up all the things they consider weapons of mass destruction that you own, the media will paint a picture that includes calling you a madman. The key here is {Don't be involved in criminal activity! period!"} If you are not involved in criminal activity, then you are just another collector who invests his time, energy and money collecting X,Y and Z.... Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Speaking of wives, Gail (Sal's Wife) has #000, and I imagine it is quite an impressive collection.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I don't know if you'll get an answer Henk, good question though :) The folks with a lot of knives a seem to choose not to talk about the size of their collections. That's ok with me, I appreciate their passion for them, and the firsthand knowledge they share.

It's great for me to find a place where others share the same passion for the fine affordable knives that are Spyderco.

I'd like to see Sal's collection...lol

Charlie
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]