Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KP

Post by KP »

bh49 wrote:I am more thinking about Forager for $72 shipped
That's sweet. Before I remembered I can not be buying any, I tried and it gave me $100.90 shipped. Is there coupon code?

Just wondering now, won't be buying for some time.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

I'll take a couple a those $74 Yojimbos...
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
bh49

Post by bh49 »

KP wrote:That's sweet. Before I remembered I can not be buying any, I tried and it gave me $100.90 shipped. Is there coupon code?
sign up for their deal flier and they will e-mail you 20-25% off coupon every week. Sometimes it comes with free shipping. I have one, which ends today. If you need right now, e-mail me.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. I only wanted a Forager, but ended up getting two so I could get free shipping and 20% off. $143 for two Foragers is insane! Word of warning, I put in the coupon code, it applied, and I entered my payment info. The discount price showed up on all the screens until it got to the final confirmation screen, where the code wasn't applied anymore. I had to go back to the payment info page and input it again and then it worked. Good thing I double checked the total before clicking the "order" button.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

My addiction almost got the best of me, but I'm resisting the Forager bargain, even with a 25% coupon that expires in 15 minutes...

Of course, it helps that my addiction recently got fed with a Rock Salt and a D2 Millie. :D

Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
MCM

Post by MCM »

Had to grab a Forager with the Discounts & free shipping I had on my account.

I wont say much, but just check the Forager price and compare it to the Woodlander.

Now is the time to snag a Forager.

Thats all I'm gonna say............... ;)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
druid

Post by druid »

I have seriously slow down on buying knives, had been doing very well until I started frequenting these forms again. Bad influences anyway I snagged a forager couldn't pass it up. But as a city dweller who rarely camps. It may be a the first knife I own that never sees any use released in the near future. I am going on a camping trip in a month or so. But it will be a fairly serious hiking expedition. With my sister's fiancé who is far more athletic than I am at this point. I'll probably go with something much smaller for the trip. Plus we sharpening that convex edge, for one trips worth of use is pretty daunting. It will be my first knife in this size range. My closest second is a cold steel Susu at about half the size. I have a Randall on the way at the end of the year. But that will also be a very low use piece. UNLESS the world goes to helll :eek:

P. S. I contacted ......... about their pricing on this item. They said it was accurate good enough for me.
why
MCM

Post by MCM »

Looks like the Forager is now gone..........
Chock this one up as one of the great deal's on this thread.
$71.96 shipped with the weekly discount. :eek:
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

It's nice to see STP getting some Spyderco knives in again. They were down to a single model for a while.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a couple this morning and then went out and delimbed a fallen red alder with my factory second Forager and was very pleased with its performance.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Did anyone ever spot any Caly3s at STP?

That seems to be one knife that was disco'd, but no extras made it to the bargain bin...
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Bolstermanic wrote:Did anyone ever spot any Caly3s at STP?

That seems to be one knife that was disco'd, but no extras made it to the bargain bin...
They had them many months ago, but only the SE.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
MCM

Post by MCM »

Picked up a SPIN this am. $33.60 shipped..........
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Received a new STP Outdoors catalog today. Page 19 is devoted to Spyderco knives with the bottom two:

Woodlander $269.95, now $159.95
Forager $149.95, now $89.95

I'm often amazed by this sort of lack of common sense.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Sequimite wrote:Received a new STP Outdoors catalog today. Page 19 is devoted to Spyderco knives with the bottom two:

Woodlander $269.95, now $159.95
Forager $149.95, now $89.95

I'm often amazed by this sort of lack of common sense.
Possibly somebody had many many Foragers than Woodlanders and drop price down on Foragers.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

bh49 wrote:Possibly somebody had many many Foragers than Woodlanders and drop price down on Foragers.
That wouldn't cause them to misstate the list price. Even after Spyderco dropped the list price the Forager was $180.
MCM

Post by MCM »

I thought they just may have screwed up and swapped the price's?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Than computer glitch :)

MCM

30% off.....Top Secret Sale

Post by MCM »

Members 30% off.....Top Secret Sale going on until the 5/29.

It helped me pull the trigger on a CF Superhawk.

Another tip, shipping goes by dollar amount.
So, $104.96 was $12.95
I used the chat feature, inquired and they said its no problem and reduced it to $5.95. (as its only 4-5 ounces)

So, there you go........ :D
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

I was fortunate enough to pick up a Forager for $70 something shipped before they sold out as well as a couple of Poliwogs for less than $60 back when they were around. Now I have a new Delica FFG with G-10 Foliage Green scales on the way.

Sierra has been very good to me over the years. My wife is never that excited to see a box of knives dropped off by UPS, but when I order from Sierra I always buy some clothes or something else for her. When I open up the boxes its like the knives aren't even there. Ok, she still notices the knives but she is too busy trying on her new stuff to be chasing me around the house with a frying pan.
MCM

Post by MCM »

"When I open up the boxes its like the knives aren't even there. Ok, she still notices the knives but she is too busy trying on her new stuff to be chasing me around the house with a frying pan. "

GENIOUS!
This guy is really on to somthing here!
Thanks for the tip!
Will put it to good use! :)