Real Volpe next to fake

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Sequimite

Real Volpe next to fake

Post by Sequimite »

In each picture the real Volpe is on top:

Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

Hi Sequimite, Thanks for the pics. I'd like to have a real Volpe someday. Did the the fake come in the box at the bottom? If it did, that would irritate me too.

Post by 224477 »

Yes, its sold in a fake box too. Thanks for the comparison side by side, hope it will minimize the nr. of cheated guys.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Qcrazy wrote:Hi Sequimite, Thanks for the pics. I'd like to have a real Volpe someday. Did the the fake come in the box at the bottom? If it did, that would irritate me too.
Yeah, the fake box made me extra mad. Please note that coloration varies so much in photos that what seems like obvious differences in color, darkness especially, may be imperceptible in a photo of the fake alone.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
2cha

Post by 2cha »

What a great teaching tool. Thank you. Very scary and angering.
SteelDragon

fake boxes??

Post by SteelDragon »

Speaking of the fake box, Did spyderco make the red/black box with the ends that open like that or have they always been the slide out boxes like all mine come in? I am guessing it is cheaper for the fakes to be made that way verse the two piece box but wasn't sure. I also saw a listing on the bay recently for spyderco boxes for sale and they were like the one in the above fake volpe listing? Thanks for sharing the photos and thanks to everyone that helps with pointing out the fakes to those less aware.

Post by 224477 »

No, its not a regular spyderco box design, it is trying to use the same graphic only, its smaller and not slidding out like originals.

More important is to focus on the knife differences, you might get into trouble when someone simply exchange the boxes. Imagine someone selling a Volpe in an original, lets say a Tenacious box, he just might tell you he mixed up the boxes, but the Volpe knife would be fake = fraud..

Once you know the knife, then you dont have to care about the box authenticity.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
2cha

Post by 2cha »

There's another fake Volpe up on ebay for those who desire to report it.