Citadel Question

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
JNieporte

Citadel Question

Post by JNieporte »

I purchased a Citadel recently for military use (all paperwork provided) and was wondering something...
If I need to send the knife in for warranty work of any sort, how would I go about getting the knife back if I'm no longer in the military when said work is provided?

Ie. I bought the knife legally when I was in the military, as active duty, but I've since gotten out of the military and still have the knife. Sales and repair are for active duty only, so how would I go about warranty work since I'm no longer active duty?
golddot370

Post by golddot370 »

Whets wrong with the citadel? Did you use it hard in the military ? I'm wondering bow it will stand up against heavy use
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Interesting point. I'd imagine the answer would depend on Federal law as interpreted by the 10th Circuit, Colorado law, Ohio law, and possibly Federal law as interpreted by the 6th Circuit. I know in New York you'd be breaking state law simply by possessing the knife after you left the service.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
JNieporte

Post by JNieporte »

golddot370 wrote:Whets wrong with the citadel? Did you use it hard in the military ? I'm wondering bow it will stand up against heavy use
Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm just wondering, if...
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

JNieporte wrote:Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm just wondering, if...
there is nothing wrong,without training a knife plus a auto can be tricky,i fixed blade would be better.........just a opinion
<--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
GREAT ENERGY ~ AWESOME VIBES
droc217

Post by droc217 »

No matter how much we don't like it, automatic knives are currently restricted items and you have to meet certain criteria to posses them.

You said you were in the military, right? Are you out now in inactive reserve?
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

As far as I know, automatics are legal to own in Ohio; you just can't carry them legally.