Has anyone torn down one of the spydie's autos?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
tonydahose

Has anyone torn down one of the spydie's autos?

Post by tonydahose »

i'd love to see some pics. if i knew i could put it back together I would do it myself but I don't know :D . yes I know it would probably void the warranty but i thought there might be some tinkerers on here that have done it already.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
golddot370

Post by golddot370 »

I got a Citidal for Christmas and wold love to see some pics of it broken down. I did break down my microtech ultratech yesterday it was pretty simple.
droc217

Post by droc217 »

I've torn down a lot of dirty autos of all kinds of different makes,models and quality.

The spring is yer only part different from any standard folder. The spring is usually a simple torsion bar (a metal lever holding constant tension on the blade waiting for you to unblock it) or a large, flat, coil spring with one to three coils, usually (think of a key chain ring with one end of the metal where you slide the key in pointing up and the other end where you slide the key out pointing down so it would poke you in yer pocket).

Generally, the more simple the better is the motto for most automatics.

What model are you talking about? I'll try to help identify its mechanism.

Here's something to try if you do tear it down: take lots of pictures while yer disassembling and refer back to them to rebuild it, hasn't failed for me once yet.

The Citadel looks like a coil spring.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i have used the picture taking many times..especially with drum brakes :D . i really didnt have any one model, just was wondering. i am way too busy tinkering with regular folders to take one of mine apart. that and i dont want to screw it up :p . i am not going to be one of those guys that send their knife back to Sal in pieces with a note that says HELP.lol.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
droc217

Post by droc217 »

If you can put drum brakes back together you won't have a problem with any automatic knife.