Did Spyderco ever make a...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RIOT

Did Spyderco ever make a...

Post by RIOT »

Did Spyderco ever make a Red Delica1?

Ive seen many Red Endura1's and i thought i saw somewhere a Red Delica1 that i missed long time ago, actually i thought i saw a box that said Red Delica in the old black box the D1's came in. i could be mistaken so that is why im asking now. still to this day i have never seen one :(

if anyone can help that would be great.

thanks again RIOT
rycen

Post by rycen »

I seem to recall a pic of a red and a yellow delica 1 on HAMONOICHIBA.They were made for the everest team though the reference I found said the blue delica 1 was made for the team.
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
rycen

Post by rycen »

Now I am more confused as this may be the pic i was thinking of.

We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
anson argyris

Post by anson argyris »

Sorry, no Delicas.
The two knives on the left are versions of the 'Remote Release', and the two knives on the right are 'SnapIt's.

But I've seen a red Delica in an old catalog, so at one time Spyderco made them.
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

According to SpydieWiki, there was never a Red Delica I, they made red on the Delica III and it was a trainer. There was however a Red Endura I in SE or PE.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
rycen

Post by rycen »

anson argyris wrote:Sorry, no Delicas.
The two knives on the left are versions of the 'Remote Release', and the two knives on the right are 'SnapIt's.

But I've seen a red Delica in an old catalog, so at one time Spyderco made them.
Witch is it then?

sal
RIOT

?

Post by RIOT »

wish i still had the picture of all these boxes of Spydercos for sale, could have sworn i saw a red delica black box with a yellow label, lettering was red too
anson argyris

Post by anson argyris »

rycen wrote:Witch is it then?
It's not in the picture.
rycen

Post by rycen »

I wasnt refering to the pic,I know what is in the pic.

You said "Sorry, no Delicas."Then you said "But I've seen a red Delica in an old catalog, so at one time Spyderco made them."

sal
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

If theyre out there riot I think we all know it will take some time getting ahold of one of these! that is if there are any...lol Good luck with the search man! :cool:

And me personally...Ive never seen any Red delica 1's but Im farely new to spyderco...5 or 6 years in so they would have been long gone before I became familiar.
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
anson argyris

Post by anson argyris »

rycen wrote:I wasnt refering to the pic,I know what is in the pic.

You said "Sorry, no Delicas."Then you said "But I've seen a red Delica in an old catalog, so at one time Spyderco made them."
Sorry, my fault.
I've a small collection of old Spyderco catalogs.
One of them is a german catalog from the early nineties.
On the frontpage are Delicas and Enduras in different colours (red,pink, blue,green),
but the red one is an Endura, not a Delica.
Maybe I need new glasses ... :)
Rawd

Post by Rawd »

Spyderco did make a red Delica Trainer. They actually came out with two versions, one with a solid blade and a later version with holes in the blade (for weight purposes, I think), but neither of these was sharpened.

The Endura came out with red handled versions. I have seen both serrated and plain varieties, as well as the two Trainers that came out about the same time as the Delica Trainers.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I've never see a red Delica 1. It is not mentioned on Spydiewiki, and not noted in any of the catalogs or price sheets I've looked through. Of course none of that rules out there having been one for the Japanese market, but it's unlikely one of those would have come in a box with English labeling.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!