Where to preorder manix 2 fg sprint?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

How are you guys already pre-ordering? I have quite a few places I order from and no one is even offering a pre-order.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Mr.Sparkitle wrote:How are you guys already pre-ordering? I have quite a few places I order from and no one is even offering a pre-order.
Maybe they're pre-ordered out..? Or did they mention ever even taking orders for them?
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

i got 2 on preorder. the third is for a buddy not able to use a credit card. :( (fraud from 2004) its from two different places. i had two cf manix s90v. one safe and one use. i never really used it so i sold it lnib. the blue manix both from kc. kept one and sold one. **** i got 3 tim zowadas. sold one to a forum member here for a tan endura frn and 50 bux! thanx mike!!
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
jonUSA,EARTH

Post by jonUSA,EARTH »

SmoothOne25 wrote:i got 2 on preorder.
Where at?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

I'm having trouble finding accurate info on this new knife, Is the only difference from the current blue sprint the foliage green color instead? Pictures I am finding show the option of tip up or tip down and was curious if anyone had the low down. thx
slick228

Post by slick228 »

SteelDragon wrote:I'm having trouble finding accurate info on this new knife, Is the only difference from the current blue sprint the foliage green color instead? Pictures I am finding show the option of tip up or tip down and was curious if anyone had the low down. thx
Besides the different color handle, the green Manix 2 features a CTS-XHP carpenter blade steel. I believe the pictures that you've seen on the web and the catalog are a mock up of the knife, but not actual.

:spyder:
Spyderco knife collector on a “Q” quest! :spyder: Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! :D
WTC #1520
Buffalohump

Post by Buffalohump »

Is it possible to pre-order your pre-order? :D
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

Thanks to a very nice and helpful forumite I have placed my pre-order. Very excited.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
BBQ BOY

Post by BBQ BOY »

Why is this Manix2 any different from the last 2 sprint runs?
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Are you talking about between the original manix and the manix 2? Or the cf manix 2 and blue and green manix 2's?
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
BBQ BOY

Post by BBQ BOY »

I'm talking about the CH FFG Manix2 and the recently relased Blue Manix2. I keep hearing about a new Manix2 coming out that is FG. I am just confused.
MCM

Post by MCM »

CF S90v is done
Blue S30v is done

FFG Carpenter CTS-XHP Manix2 is on pre-pre order through your favorite dealer.

E-mail em now. :)

(2) for me........... :D
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

BBQ BOY wrote:I'm talking about the CH FFG Manix2 and the recently relased Blue Manix2. I keep hearing about a new Manix2 coming out that is FG. I am just confused.
Yes the foliage green FFG bladed carpenter steel manix 2 is on the way...hopefully in a month or two we'll be able to have them in our hands. And the blue FFG manix 2's are all sold out Im pretty sure.
39 & counting...

Dodo!
BBQ BOY

Post by BBQ BOY »

I have no idea what CTS-XHP Carpenter steel is. What are the benefits and characteristics of the steel?
MCM

Post by MCM »

:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Donut

Post by Donut »

I got an email from Yourcornerstore today:

The comments for your order are: Item C101GFGXHPP2: 1 unit is still on
backorder with a new expected receipt date of 01-Jun-2010

=\
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Donut wrote:I got an email from Yourcornerstore today:

The comments for your order are: Item C101GFGXHPP2: 1 unit is still on
backorder with a new expected receipt date of 01-Jun-2010

=\
Wow donut that sucks...I wonder if the other retailers will get their dates pushed back as well....?? Anyone else heard anything?

BBQ BOY wrote:I have no idea what CTS-XHP Carpenter steel is. What are the benefits and characteristics of the steel?
This is what Sal said about the carpentar steel Manix 2 a while back..

"I just spoke to Annika, our factory scheduler. She said that the new Carpenter CTS-XHP Manix2 will be full flat grind with skeletonized liners. She scheduled to make a total 600 pieces.

I might add that the Carpenter steel tested very well in lab tests and should be an excellent real world performer. Essentially it's a stainless D2.

I'm sure we will be using more of this steel in the future."

sal
39 & counting...

Dodo!
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Yeah that June delivery date was a bummer. Perhaps it means the initial number to be received by YCS was sold out and those of us who ordered more recently got kicked back?.... :confused:
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
jonUSA,EARTH

Post by jonUSA,EARTH »

Monkeywrangler wrote:Yeah that June delivery date was a bummer. Perhaps it means the initial number to be received by YCS was sold out and those of us who ordered more recently got kicked back?.... :confused:

It seems tome that YCS gets thier shipments way later than anyother retailer...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Okay, I've tried to find someone to pre-order from the last few weeks and have met with no luck. If anyone knows where I can pre-order one or two of these, please PM me. Thanks.

edit: thanks MCM for sending me in the right direction. I'm on the notify list if the dealers have any left over after fulfilling their current pre-orders!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com