Street Beat (boot knife?)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SteelDragon

Street Beat (boot knife?)

Post by SteelDragon »

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone carry's the Street Beat as a boot knife? If so, are you using the Spyderco sheath or something else? Not sure how it would attach to a military type boot or work boot without seeing one in person so thought I would check with you guys. THX!
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I do not have that model, but with a "G" clip I think it would not be difficult to attach to a boot. If the sheath comes with a TecLok it would be a different story.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Thanks Chapman! I guess carrying the Street Beat as a boot knife isn't very common. Maybe I will need to look at a different model, I would imagine finding a good sheath to attach to a boot with a decent, quiet removal option will be my biggest issue. thx
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I had vadim (vess leather works) do up a leather sheath for the ss police without a clip. Just 2 eyelets to thread my bootlace through. Works great with combat boots. It's survived just about 5 years so far with no visible wear.

But I'd rather have it comfortable and secure, than having it easy to remove.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

vampyrewolf wrote:I had vadim (vess leather works) do up a leather sheath for the ss police without a clip. Just 2 eyelets to thread my bootlace through. Works great with combat boots. It's survived just about 5 years so far with no visible wear.

But I'd rather have it comfortable and secure, than having it easy to remove.
Great idea, maybe I will have one made like that as well. I also want comfort and secure, I would just like to stay away from velcro or anything that makes a noise when your trying to remove the blade itself if it doesn't fit securely in the sheath on its own. Obviously I haven't carried a boot knife before so some of this is probably just me overthinking it. thx
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

if you lace up your boot with the knife and sheath in already, it's a LOT more comfortable than trying to get it sitting right with the boot already on. There's no way for the knife to come out unless you pull it out, and it's smooth for both draw and replace.

Top of the leather sits even with the top of the boot. All you see is 1/2" of handle above the boot. Not enough to indicate you have a knife. I had it made when I was in school and didn't want the sheep to stampede (****, my flashlight and multitool set them off)

Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

SteelDragon wrote:Great idea, maybe I will have one made like that as well. I also want comfort and secure, I would just like to stay away from velcro or anything that makes a noise when your trying to remove the blade itself if it doesn't fit securely in the sheath on its own. Obviously I haven't carried a boot knife before so some of this is probably just me overthinking it. thx
I carried a fixed blade in my boot before, and chose the ss police for the boot rig based on the width when closed. With a fixed blade you just have to be concerned with the sheath being loose and the knife making noise, as well as how far you have to move your pant leg to clear it.

With the folder, it doesn't make any noise and I've never had any issues with having to move my jeans a couple inches to use it. Usually I'll pair it with a 2" folder for general public use, rather than have a 4" blade come out of nowhere.
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

vampyrewolf wrote:I carried a fixed blade in my boot before, and chose the ss police for the boot rig based on the width when closed. With a fixed blade you just have to be concerned with the sheath being loose and the knife making noise, as well as how far you have to move your pant leg to clear it.

With the folder, it doesn't make any noise and I've never had any issues with having to move my jeans a couple inches to use it. Usually I'll pair it with a 2" folder for general public use, rather than have a 4" blade come out of nowhere.
Thanks vampyrewolf for the pics and all the insight, much appreciated. You don't by chance have a pic of it laced in the boot do you? thx
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

actually just pulled the clip off again, figure I haven't had the police in my rotation for close to a month.

Have to get new shoes, might as well get a new pair of combats next weekend (last pair lasted about 3 years). I'll see what I can do for a pic when I get the new boots. Best I can do right now is the steel toed work boots, but they aren't comfortable to wear all day. My combats might hold up for a couple weeks still, but the heel is just about dead.