H&k usp

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jimd

H&k usp

Post by Jimd »

Any H&K lovers out there? I just picked up this 9mm USP in a trade and can't wait to get it to the range. This isn't my first one; the others I've had were all the most accurate type of pistol I've ever fired.
Attachments
CQB, WP 015 - 20 percent.jpg
CQB, WP 015 - 20 percent.jpg (57.03 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
raven

Post by raven »

Here Ya go Big Jimd ... Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.
BTW, You Won't Be Disappointed ...Very Accurate Weapon INDEED ;) !!!

God Bless :)

-raven-
Attachments
HKBLADE 006.jpg
HKBLADE 006.jpg (51.06 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

The USP .40 has been on my wish list for a loooong time.
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

SlideTechnik

Post by SlideTechnik »

I handled a 9mm USP the other day. Nice quality. Felt like a nice balance between Glock and Sig. Didn't get to fire it though...

Post by 224477 »

Nice looking pose there! :D

Never shoot an USP though, but the HK Snody is nice on the 2nd pic :)
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

I remember reading a article that covered the level of torture that HK put those things thru, like firing a squib round, then another fully charged round into the obstructed barrell...crazy stuff like that. I admit that it seems just a little too extreme to be true, but then again, the German reputation for obsessive compulsive quality might just warrant that.
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

JLS

Post by JLS »

They are very nice pistols. They're overbuilt and it does inspire some confidence in ownership.

I would still like to get one of the .45 USP Elites one of these days. I love long-barreled pistols and that would go nicely in the collection. They can operate the same as a 1911 and I love the mag releases on them.

But it do have to admit a preference to the older generation of HK pistols, namely the P7 and P9 series. They are unique compared to others out there, but for good reasons. They're not unique just for the sake of being different.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

While my preference is 1911s, I have to say the H&K is probably my favorite of the polymer pistols out there. My dad has a USP .45, and it does shoot great. The mag release is my favorite design. I used to work at a shooting range and have seen all the main stream brands get tortured. The H&K is expensive but Ive seen first hand they are worth the money. One of the few pistols to this day still in the rental cabinets that haven't had to be replaced.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
BBQ BOY

Post by BBQ BOY »

My favorite company is H&K and my favorite pistol is my USPc45. or at least until I get another HK.
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

A few guys pointed out that they like the mag release, and I have to echo that; ambidextrous and it makes a lot of sense. I find myself using both my thumb and index finger to push it down a lot of the time, and this gives a very positive release. It's also nice that if one finger misses the release or can't get to it, the other one is there.

I also like the decocker/safety and the ability to carry cocked and locked.

DMgangl, thanks for the vote of confidence regarding the rental specimens continuing to function. It's nice to hear positive stories like that!

JLS, I'm with ya; I'd love to own a P7 some day, they are nice!

Sarguy, I love you how described the German designers as being obsessive/compulsive, lol! When it comes to weapons, they really are! :D

Thanks to everyone else for the positive comments.
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

raven wrote:Here Ya go Big Jimd ... Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.
BTW, You Won't Be Disappointed ...Very Accurate Weapon INDEED ;) !!!

-raven-
Gil, is that yours? Duty or personal?
Artwork For Sale

raven

Post by raven »

Hey Big Jimd, Yes Sir That's mine ;) ...I used it as a duty weapon for quite a while. I carry a Jericho 941 now and pack the HK for the ERT in a thigh rig.

I switched, because I was having issues with my support hand after my hand injury. I had attended a Pistol Instructor course just after surgery and the grip was a bit to wide and just wasn't comfortable. Each day for a week after class I literally had to soak my hand in a bucket of ice to get the swelling down to shoot the next day. It was a struggle, but I just sucked it up and made it through.

My PT/now fiancee' was not a happy camper when I came back and continued the physical therapy. I almost had to start from square one, because my hand was so swelled up and stiff... I got yelled at :p . I may switch back to the HK now that the hand is healed up and a lot stronger. Of course this Jericho Pistol is an amazing pistol also ;) . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

BTW, Need to show ya a pic of the Remington 700 LTR I'm setting up :D .

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
BHDKnifer

Post by BHDKnifer »

Very nice! HK's are top of the line. I have been wanting a O.D. .45 USP for a long time now. I hope they update the light rail before I get one :) Take care.
:spyder: Control the HEAD...and you control the SNAKE! :spyder:
:spyder: Integrity is being good even if no one is watching :spyder:
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

Look out! That Ninja has a gun!
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared
Kuolema

Post by Kuolema »

While the gun laws are pretty... Draconian, up here in Canada, I know one guy who has a nice collection of handguns, and lets me come shoot with him sometime. I've only got to shoot a USP once, but it's a masterpiece, in my limited opinion. IIRC it was the USP .40 Compact, so I'm not sure how much different it is!
may it not be tricksy
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Raven, I'd love to see pics of the LTR. I assume it's in 7.62 NATO? They're sweet. I love my SPS.

Hey, I've been working on the ghillie.
Artwork For Sale

JLS

Post by JLS »

Jim, depending on your intending usage, you might consider one of the P7 PSP's that are on the market for sub $750 right now. They are phenomenal and for a concealment piece or range toy, the heel mag release doesn't make a difference. For concealment, I actually rather prefer it. An M8 and M13 are on the "eventual" list, but I've been well served by my PSP in the mean time. Now I just need to find a good condition P9 in 9mm, and another in .45 and...
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...