I am now a Spyderco owner

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Nice pick!

The Khukuri is a very special knife and I don't expect to see many like it in the future.

It's great for puzzling non-knife people :)
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of Spydies. Nice choices on your purchase.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
eneyman

Post by eneyman »

you just can't help but feel like slashing a zombies neck off with this khukuri when holding it backwards w/the handle.. if only I had two of them :rolleyes:
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Welcome to the world of Spyderco - check in your credit card at the door and stay with a grin :D

I love my Spydies and can't go by without them. I caught myself the other day driving and fear struck when I discovered I didn't have a Spydie on me :eek: I spent the next few hours worried that I might be in a situation which require the use of my tactical Kopa :p LOL
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

First...Welcome to Spyderforums bro :cool: ! I have both of those Spyders, and WOW...How about that Para, ha..what do you think of it? Great first choice's, and enjoy your stay!!! :)
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

welcome Eneyman, you've caught the :spyder: bug like most of the rest of us here. I'm salivating over that khukuri.
Love these knives :D
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
amar

Post by amar »

Both are really good knives. Welcome to the club!

-Amar
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

eneyman wrote:Spyderco Khukuri by Ed Schempp, this is going into the collection and definitely won't be a user knife. I really love the khukuri style blade and the g10 handle is extremely grippy.. almost like a sandpaper but that is good. The one complaint I have is that the liner lock is a bit tough to close but this is a safe queen...
Congrats on your newfound addiction! There's no escape now. :)

The Khukuri is a great EDC knife. It's really a highly functional mid-size knife in a small package. Search for posts by Ed Schempp to learn more about it. The liner lock does take a bit to get used to, but becomes easier to use and second nature with a little practice. The G10 handles loose their grittiness, but not their grippiness after one or two weeks of carry.

Now be prepared for this addiction to become an obsession ;)

Regards,
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley