MT06P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring CPM-S35VN

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Distance is big. I'm about an hour and a half drive from SFO, and I get UPS ground the next day if I order in the morning and two days later if I order in the afternoon.

Gordon
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

gaj999 wrote:Distance is big. I'm about an hour and a half drive from SFO, and I get UPS ground the next day if I order in the morning and two days later if I order in the afternoon.

Gordon
Yep. I ordered mine approximately 2 1/2 seconds after they were available and got a notice of shipping a couple of hours later with a tracking number, but I'm on the east coast and UPS takes four days from there to here.
potterma

Post by potterma »

Well, looks like I missed out on this one.... :eek:

Taz: Can you say when the Seconds will be available? Thanks!
www.KnifeRights.org
By Knife Owners. For Knife Owners.

CLB Designs

My Flickr Page
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I ordered mine over the phone and received them Friday. It may depend on how far away you are from them?
UPS didn't even get it until pick up on thursday afternoon/evening. It will be delivered on the 20th.

UPS delivery time is out of Spyderco's hands. I guess it sat around on a desk for a couple of days forgotten if it didn't happen to anybody else.

No big deal. It won't stop or lessen my enjoyment at all. I was just wondering if I should use the computer instead of calling in the future.

I know they were getting huge amounts of orders in the first day and they did a tremendous job in getting them out IMO. So one sat for an extra couple of days. Not a big deal in the general scheme of things when they probably got 400 or more orders in the same day, just counting the Mules alone. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
vaa

Post by vaa »

Heads up......Looks like they are available again. Get them while they last.
________
Digital Vaporizer
MCM

Post by MCM »

89 showing.
And yes, my two are perfect. :D
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Mine arrived today, as reportedly did my older son's order. Both were shipped to East Coast addresses via UPS. We are probably the last from the first day orders?

I enjoyed reading the Ede-U-Cation insert. I was struck by the fact that the first two were non-stainless, but all of those that followed have been stainless. Sign of the times...? The only one I've put machine tools on (as opposed to woodworking tools) was MT01. I don't know how 52100 compares, in quantitative terms, to M4, S90V or the others, but I burned up a lot of tools on that lowly 52100 blade.

We don't know how good we have it, IMHO... :spyder:
whkento

Lucky me.

Post by whkento »

Whew, I guess I got one of the last few. :o I haven't been online much recently and about had an aneurysm when I saw Potterma's post above. :eek: Thanks to Vaa for the heads-up. ;) Of course, I threw in a couple of Honeybees to get free postage. ;) I'm looking forward to checking those little knives out. :)

I like smilies. :D

Have a great day, everyone! :spyder:
potterma

Post by potterma »

vaa wrote:Heads up......Looks like they are available again. Get them while they last.
Outstanding! Thanks for the heads up!
www.KnifeRights.org
By Knife Owners. For Knife Owners.

CLB Designs

My Flickr Page
cckw

Post by cckw »

I got mine! I'm looking forward to MDP or someone compiling a list of sources for parts to finish these. I've never had a mule before and am looking forward to trying it out. I got two one as a user and one to do up nice.
JLS

Post by JLS »

Check Marion's blog for some good sources.

Also, check the Mule picture thread for people's work. There are quite a few guys on here that have done good work and are offering it to others. As a few names off the top of my head, there's potterma and Hector Castro that both work in wood and laminates.

And seriously, you should try your hand at it. It's a lot of work, frustration and fun. In the end, I find it worthwhile to do my own.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I think I've posted this before, but the Halpern Titanium G10 scales are IMO an excellent solution to getting a Mule into the field prontissimo. The only potential issue is that for a couple of different reasons they are a little undersized, so it that is a turn-off either visually or ergonomically, steer clear. I should point out that the theory and practice there are essentially the same as those discussed in a recent thread on the scales on the GB folder - but it may not suit you.

I will also suggest that you do not do what I did, which was to order the "unfinished" (not sure that's HT's term) scales, which have a perpendicular finish on the edge - buy the chamfered or radiused ones. You'll save yourself a lot of time, eliminate a potentially serious health risk associated with the dust, and possibly save yourself some money if you don't already have the right tools to do the work.

The HT scales can be obtained with the fastners, so all you'd need to get up and going would be one of the $6 HD Husky Torx driver sets, if you don't already own one.
Eighth of Eight

Post by Eighth of Eight »

JLS wrote:Also, check the Mule picture thread for people's work. There are quite a few guys on here that have done good work and are offering it to others.
Yours truely has run out of knives to finish for other folks... I am bored. I can only work on my honey-do list so much you know. ;)
:spyder::D:D:spyder:
D'fly PE - D'fly SE - S.P.O.T. PE - '09 Swick - Caly 3 SE - Native DLC SE - Manix 2 SE - Tasman Salt SE - Saver Salt SE - Dodo SE - MT05P - Centofonte 3 - Yin/Yang - Baby Goddard - MT06P -
Swick 2 - '09 Meercat - Superhawk - C101GPBL2 Blue Manix 2
:spyder::D:D:spyder:
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

cckw wrote:I got mine! I'm looking forward to MDP or someone compiling a list of sources for parts to finish these. I've never had a mule before and am looking forward to trying it out. I got two one as a user and one to do up nice.
So, are you looking for links to knife supply places? What sort of parts do you speak of?

Finished handles are available from Halpern and Cuscadi, and my reviews have links in them. Hector Castro does handles, and will sell you the scales that you can finish. His information is in my update, which is the second article on the blog.

What are you looking for?

Marion
Marion David Poff
cckw

Post by cckw »

Marion David Poff wrote:So, are you looking for links to knife supply places? What sort of parts do you speak of?

Finished handles are available from Halpern and Cuscadi, and my reviews have links in them. Hector Castro does handles, and will sell you the scales that you can finish. His information is in my update, which is the second article on the blog.

What are you looking for?

Marion

I did look through your blog and did some follow up.
My vision was a simple spoon feeding of the options in a list like this:

vondors of premade scales:

xxxxxxxxxx e-mail@xxxx
yyyyyyyyy email/webite

craftsmen that will do it for you:
joe cool e-mail or username (there are a few mwentioned above)
Dick Cheney e-mail@etc

sheaths:

and so on
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

cckw wrote:I did look through your blog and did some follow up.

xxxxxxxxxx e-mail@xxxx
yyyyyyyyy email/webite

Dick Cheney e-mail@etc

sheaths:

and so on
I think Marion did a great job, the way you describe his blog comes across as a little critical.
JLS

Post by JLS »

We can all make requests for things to be easier, but you're likely to learn alot more if you put a bit more effort into the task at hand.

Translated...if you read Marion's whole blog, it'll take you longer, but the effort will be, in my opinion, well spent. You can only take so many shortcuts before you shortchange yourself.

I don't think you meant to be critical of MDP's blog, but a bit more gratitude wouldn't hurt either.

If you really think it would help to have a list like that, I would suggest that you compile the list and email Marion with it. I figure he'd post your list on his blog and he could use the help. So far, he's done a lot of work with no compensation that I know of. I'm sure he'd appreciate the assistance on his "Mule Team Crusade".
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
Marion David Poff
Banned

Guys, it is cool.

As I said to him in an email, I welcome the feedback, I want it.

I originally set out to do exactly what he is suggesting, but I did not. I got fancy with it, which is fine, but not the whole story.

Now, I want his ideas, so that when I do a page like that, it will meet that need.

Marion
Marion David Poff
cckw

Post by cckw »

LorenzoL wrote:I think Marion did a great job, the way you describe his blog comes across as a little critical.
I sent him an e-mail that was complimentary and on the same subject. On a forum I try to be brief. We are all on the same side and all love the mule

---edit MDP clicked first.
Marion David Poff
Banned

cckw wrote:I did look through your blog and did some follow up.

xxxxxxxxxx e-mail@xxxx
yyyyyyyyy email/webite

Dick Cheney e-mail@etc

sheaths:

and so on
Cool.

So, not DIY stuff, just who is doing the aftermarket custom work?

Like I said in the previous post, I want your feedback, even if I may come off a little intense, I am just focused. You have a perspective that I need to learn from.

Best,
Marion
Marion David Poff