MT06P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring CPM-S35VN

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

MountainManJim wrote:
Marion David Poff wrote:I spoke to SFO, and I was told that they made 600, but that was before QC.

What the final number of First Quality MT06 came out to, I was not told.

So, we might see some as Seconds.

Marion
Hey all,

I picked up a MT06 today. The first three I viewed were mislabeled as first quality, but the blades were notched as seconds. So, suggest everyone check their mules and make sure they're not notched. The tumbling (looks like bead blasting) was a little excessive on the seconds. Other than that I could see an defects.

Jim
Well... I was trying to communicate that Seconds might become available with this model.

And I certainly hope that such as you suggest has not happened to any mail order customers.

Marion
Marion David Poff
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

Any pics of that finish? Or will I have to wait for the real thing in the mail. Very exciting!

So perhaps 300 production with some potential seconds at some point. Nice. I see there is about 25 left, so a good opportunity for some more folks to pick up a few. Nice run - good number to keep us excited but also give everyone a fair chance.
MountainManJim

Post by MountainManJim »

Marion David Poff wrote:Well... I was trying to communicate that Seconds might become available with this model.

And I certainly hope that such as you suggest has not happened to any mail order customers.

Marion
I have know idea ... I should explain that I saw the seconds at SFO. Logic dictates that is mislabeled seconds were given to SFO, they could have been mail out as well. Note: I believe SFO does all of the internet mailing for the company.

Also, I am very sure the Spyderco would replace any second that was sold as first quality. It's only right and they're a great bunch of folks.

Jim
I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Mine arrived today too. Are anyone elses small holes slotted slightly? Mine have a slight linear trench (cut not gouged) in all of the small holes cut. The larger ones do not exhibit this. I will see if I can get an acceptable pic of this. I did not notice this on DH's Mule5...nor do I see it on the one pic I find of a bare tang on Marion's site.

Best I can do on a pic tonight. It's late here...

Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

That is from the laser cutter, and is intentional. All of mine are the same way.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Marion David Poff
Banned

Monkeywrangler wrote:Mine arrived today too. Are anyone elses small holes slotted slightly? Mine have a slight linear trench (cut not gouged) in all of the small holes cut. The larger ones do not exhibit this. I will see if I can get an acceptable pic of this. I did not notice this on DH's Mule5...nor do I see it on the one pic I find of a bare tang on Marion's site.

Best I can do on a pic tonight. It's late here...

It is based on how the holes are cut, and my M4 Mule has it, at the least.... The M4 is the only one available convenient to glance at. But, I don't think it is the only one...

Marion
Marion David Poff
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

I'm glad I ordered two of these. I think the CPMS35VN Mules are going to be the best in the series.

BTW....does anyone have a ZDP Mule they would like to sell? I missed out on those and the 9Cr18Mo Mules..... :(
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

type00rev wrote:BTW....does anyone have a ZDP Mule they would like to sell? I missed out on those and the 9Cr18Mo Mules..... :(
If I understand correctly, the remaining ZDP mules were going in to be re-heat treated and will be available once the hardness is lowered a bit. So unless I missed something, you should be able to buy them again in the near future.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
anti-torsion

Post by anti-torsion »

Very poor pic, I will try and get some in the sun tonight.

CaptainBeaky

Post by CaptainBeaky »

Where would the notch be on a second?
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

anti-torsion wrote:Very poor pic, I will try and get some in the sun tonight.
Where do you live, the South Pole? :D ;)
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

CaptainBeaky wrote:Where would the notch be on a second?
On the right side of the spine near the Spyderhole.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Marion David Poff
Banned

anti-torsion wrote:Very poor pic, I will try and get some in the sun tonight.

I like it!

Marion
Marion David Poff
hickster

Post by hickster »

Marion David Poff wrote:It is based on how the holes are cut, and my M4 Mule has it, at the least.... The M4 is the only one available convenient to glance at. But, I don't think it is the only one...

Marion
I know the M4 and the S90V mules had the extra grooves in the small holes. I didn't get to the party in time for a 5100, but My ZDP-189's did not have the extra cut-outs. I do not know about the alphabet mule, wasn't really interested.
hickster
anti-torsion

Post by anti-torsion »

LorenzoL wrote:Where do you live, the South Pole? :D ;)
The South Pole sun paid off :D

GoMeR

Post by GoMeR »

Mine arrived today, they are very nice, I cannot find a single flaw on either knife, the finish is really nice and they do have the laser cut notch on each hole. Both are super sharp, big thanks to Spyderco and crew, the mule project is a great thing!
Hector Castro

Post by Hector Castro »

I received both of mine today. I like the stone washed finish. Does anyone know why they were stone washed? Is Spyderco trying a new blade finish?

Both of mine have the slots from the laser in the small holes. The chinese made Cr9 mule did not have these slots!
GoMeR

Post by GoMeR »

I think its great that Spyderco is now including paperwork that mentions a little something about all the other mules and info about the individual steels. Heres a quick pic with black Halpern scales installed, the shadow looks a bit like a dodo on steroids :D ....

sarguy

Post by sarguy »

I got mine today as well! So far I'm loving this blade. Dare I suggest that it might be the Chuck Norris of steels?
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

MountainManJim

Post by MountainManJim »

CaptainBeaky wrote:Where would the notch be on a second?
The notch will be on the right hand side of the blade. I believe on the thumb ramp. It will look like someone accidentally hit it with a grinder.

Jim
I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5