MT06P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring CPM-S35VN

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
MCM

Post by MCM »

2 in the mail.......

I wonder if the whole batch was released?
Showing 111 left....
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

Down to the last 100! Let the race to end begin. I wonder what time tomorrow they will sell out. I'm assuming this is the scarcest mule, by quite a bit. Is that correct? If our "guesses" are correct, the numbers are probably below the rather scarce Sprint runs on folders.

If you want one - get it now! They might not be around tomorrow.
HaroldB

Post by HaroldB »

Sure am glad that I got mine at 10:40am this morning :D

Now I'll have at least one of every Mule in the Team so far :spyder:
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

90 left as of 12:34am EST, 13 January 2010......I'm ordering mine right now!!
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

OtisCampbell wrote:I got an order confirmation instantly in my mailbox..
My online order got messed up. But it's all fixed over the phone. I'm so glad I double checked. :eek:
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
CaptainBeaky

Post by CaptainBeaky »

LorenzoL wrote:There was free shipping for orders above 75$.
Not to the UK, unfortunately, otherwise it would definitely have been worth ordering 2, or even just adding a ceramic slip stone :(
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

RedRunner wrote:Down to the last 100! Let the race to end begin. I wonder what time tomorrow they will sell out. I'm assuming this is the scarcest mule, by quite a bit. Is that correct? If our "guesses" are correct, the numbers are probably below the rather scarce Sprint runs on folders.

If you want one - get it now! They might not be around tomorrow.
I believe that the MT01 in 52100 was the smallest number. I might be mistaken...
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

83 left at 8:39am CST. Mine will arrive tomorrow!
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
MrCharlie

Post by MrCharlie »

Manix Guy 2

Thank You !

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Sal thank you for this opportuninty to purchase this knife ! Regards MG2
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

I spoke to SFO, and I was told that they made 600, but that was before QC.

What the final number of First Quality MT06 came out to, I was not told.

So, we might see some as Seconds.

Marion
Marion David Poff
anti-torsion

Post by anti-torsion »

Went and picked up 2 from the SFO, I was VERY happy to see they are stone washed. Not heavy enough to not be able to see the grind marks, but a very nice amount, similar to the manix 154cm blade.
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

anti-torsion wrote:... I was VERY happy to see they are bead blasted. Not heavy enough to not be able to see the grind marks, but a very nice amount, similar to the manix 154cm blade.
Sounds nice. Can't wait.

61 left, so things are slowing a bit. Still will be sold out quick enough and on to the next one. Still seems like sub-400, maybe closer to 300 production, so this could be rare. Although the account of 600 originally produced could change that - our guesstimates aren't guaranteed. :) Any possibility that this is a hard steel to work with and there was a lot of scrap?

It will be interesting if Sal and Team comment on the production. I really enjoy the comments about the steel, the production and those little stories. It really adds to the knife. That's what makes Spyderco and this forum so fun to follow.
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

50 left! :D :) :D :)
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

The Manix 2 is not bead-blasted. Maybe you mean stonewashed...
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

anti-torsion wrote:Went and picked up 2 from the SFO, I was VERY happy to see they are bead blasted. Not heavy enough to not be able to see the grind marks, but a very nice amount, similar to the manix 154cm blade.
That sounds very strange, adding an extra step to Mule manufacturing for cosmetic reasons. Maybe Spyderco got tired of the fit and finish complaints about the Mule. Maybe S35VN doesn't finish well. Maybe they're testing a new finishing technique. Interesting.

Gordon
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Mine is here. I was surprised to see that the blade had been washed after the edge was put on, I could see the small scratches on one of the edge bevels. Is this normal? The edge is fine, so maybe they get placed in a fixture to protect the edge. Only seeing scratches on one edge bevel makes me think this must be the case.

Looking carefully at the blade, it appears to me that there is some mottling of the steel - darker areas when viewed in direct sunlight. Does anyone else see this or did I have too much coffee today? I'm wondering if the texture was added to minimize this effect specifically for this steel or whether this will become the standard finish for Mules. I do have to say that the finish looks fine, but a year from now you won't be able to tell what finish it started with. LOL

Gordon
MCM

Post by MCM »

Pic's?
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Yikes. I don't think that my skill or my camera is up to that. Sorry.

Gordon
MountainManJim

Post by MountainManJim »

Marion David Poff wrote:I spoke to SFO, and I was told that they made 600, but that was before QC.

What the final number of First Quality MT06 came out to, I was not told.

So, we might see some as Seconds.

Marion
Hey all,

I picked up a MT06 today. The first three I viewed were mislabeled as first quality, but the blades were notched as seconds. So, suggest everyone check their mules and make sure they're not notched. The tumbling (looks like bead blasting) was a little excessive on the seconds. Other than that I could see an defects.

Jim
I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5