Citadel for Left Handed use?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Freediver

Citadel for Left Handed use?

Post by Freediver »

Hello,

I was just about to grab a citadel for my father who is a police officer and a second before I ordered it I realized that it has a button for right handed opening. He is left handed. There is no left handed version I am assuming? Anyone here left handed that has ever tried opening the citadel before? Thanks!
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I own, carry, and use many autos and I am left handed. Although, I do not yet have a Citadel, I don't see any difference in its' opening compared to other autos with a button on the side. That said, they are not a problem for lefties. You use your index or middle finger to give it a "reach around" and actuate the button.

I have and have owned many Benchmades and the button is pretty much the same and they are easy to open left-handed.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Thanks Daniel, I truly appreciate it. I want to surprise him and didn't want to ask him his opinion. I just wanted to make sure he can carry something that would actually be useful while on duty.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Quick update, sorry to double post. I noticed he had a Benchmade auto (really nice but I don't know the name) and I had him show me how he opens it. It's a right handed but he opens it fine. I'm going to get one for him.

I just noticed the Embassy model which is slightly more expensive. I don't care about costs because I want him to have the best. Any preferences on the Citadel or the Embassy? I see many people saying either or. What's different, the handle? Thanks again.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

The Embassy is smaller and has handle inserts.