Spyderco Sightings (pics inside)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

CanisMajor wrote:Not sure if this has been posted but on the network CBS the show "NCIS" in the episode "Enigma" a Marine CO uses a Spyderco to cut himself free in the beginning, and then he throws it in an enemy. Not sure on the model, its an all Stainless Steel model, any idea?
I saw that episode in a a few weeks ago in one of the marathons. It was a SS Delica from what I can tell.

Also an older episode when a guy is killing Marine recruiters Gibs tells Dinozzo rule 9, Always have a Knife. Dinozzo holds up a FRN Endura 3.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i don't like seeing spydies used to threaten peoples' lives... even in the fictional world of film and TV. as mentioned above, i'd much prefer to see them being used to save lives.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
jonUSA,EARTH

Post by jonUSA,EARTH »

VultureParade wrote:Best.... Thread..... EVER :)

-Bryan
+1!!i'm gonna be on the lookout in every movie i watch from now on :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
S10n

Post by S10n »

Hi guys, this is my first post :D , well i don't know if this picture was already uploaded but i found this one on the Bas Rutten - Lethal Street Fighting DVD :D
Attachments
vlcsnap-292689.jpg
vlcsnap-292689.jpg (38.81 KiB) Viewed 7695 times
RazorSharp86

Post by RazorSharp86 »

Bas Rutten rocks.
Having a Spyderco as his "very dangerous knife" in the Lethal DVD of Combat just proves how great El Guapo is.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

waco kid wrote:I'm beginning to understand why people freak when they see a knife.
Exactly...

- best wishes, Jazz.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

clovisc wrote:i don't like seeing spydies used to threaten peoples' lives... even in the fictional world of film and TV. as mentioned above, i'd much prefer to see them being used to save lives.
... and exactly! It's cool to see them, but not in a bad context - think about it a bit.

- best wishes, Jazz.
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

I was watching Superhero Movie with my family last night and was surprised to find it was actually pretty funny. Much more so than Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, etc.

Anyway, the bad guy had some little contraptions to throw and they had a Cricket blade sticking out of either side. My son and I thought that was pretty sweet! :)
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

Just saw this spydie in the opening 60 seconds of The Fringe TV Show. Season 1 Episode 18. It's one about the girl that 'needs' spinal fluid! :)

A paramilitary is a fine spydie...but up against a super-charged, spine-snappin', uber-vamp... you're probably going to need something else! :D
ousanas

Post by ousanas »

Clawhammer wrote:Just saw this spydie in the opening 60 seconds of The Fringe TV Show. Season 1 Episode 18. It's one about the girl that 'needs' spinal fluid! :)

A paramilitary is a fine spydie...but up against a super-charged, spine-snappin', uber-vamp... you're probably going to need something else! :D
hmmm... looking at the clip (pausing it right before he picks it up), doesn't look that much like a para to me, can't see the comp lock at all. and the logo is on te wrong side of the blade.... also the logo looks more like a benchmade logo. Maybe a Vex, clip looks the same, the logo is still completely wrong side tho'
raven

Post by raven »

Can't really tell ...it looks a bit like a BM Vex model. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

yep, that's a benchmade. you can see the butterfly logo. i saw that show and slowed it down after seeing it too.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

I'm not technologically savvy enough to get a pic on here, but I was watching Castle a few weeks ago and a cop used a waved Endura to cut a police seal on a door. Mighty sweet! And the show has Captain Malcolm Reynolds...what more could you ask for?
ColonelX1

Post by ColonelX1 »

Grappler, i saw that one too!, i love that show very much, and that only helped it in my book!
Pick a Card, Any Card

:My Spyders:spyder:
Orange G10 Wharnie Urban 064v
Blue/grey Waved Delica 4 (gifted to my close friend who is headed to Anapolis)
Black FRN Jester Ghetto Wave

ATS-55 SS harpy in full spyder edge!(loved, and then gifted to a Plebe at annapolis)
Carbon Fiber KIWI
Manix2CE 064v Ghetto Wave
SSSE Cricket
Delica4 full SE Ghetto Wave

May your food be rich, your knives be honed, your women be sweet, and your good friends stoned.
Falco

Post by Falco »

Slvgx wrote:I little while ago I was flipping channels and caught a part of Anaconda on TV, which was horrible, but for the few min. I was watching it appeared that Ice Cube's character had a Delica in hand, not 100% sure though.
Yup! If I remember correctly I think its an Endura, but don't quote me on that.. as its been a long time since I've seen that movie. I think Anaconda was the first movie I ever noticed a Spyderco on, Daylight being the second.
anthonyc

Post by anthonyc »

man vs food on the travel channel

cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I always look for that MvF episode!

Seems like a long time EDC millie to me!
Come Join Us Click Here
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

I think that is a full sized Millie that has had some "shortening" from use and sharpening. I can't see the compression lock cut out on the top of the back spine.
...oh you know why!
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Black blade Military. It just looks short because of the angle.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

My post edited...

So, do you guys think its his, or maybe a camera crew member knife?
Come Join Us Click Here