Spyderco SAMARITAN - a photo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Post by sal »

It's not "just" a scale release. You push the button in and while the button is in, you rotate the scale. The scale will not rotate unless the button is depressed at the same time.

sal
Hector Castro

Post by Hector Castro »

sal wrote:We have a design for a manual version with a Compression lock.
for which we're working on possible 2010 productiion.

The DA version is still in-the-works, albeit the vendor working on the mechanism parts is dragging their feet.

sal
That is great to hear! That is one great looking knife!
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

I loved the look of this knife, but wrote it off since it was an auto. A Comp-lock sounds awesome. I am really looking forward to this knife, but I have a few questions for the Comp-lock version.

First and most important for me, will we see a SE version?

Second, What will be the actually dimensions of the knife? I saw 90mm and 85mm in the thread when I scanned.

Third, will the handle have the same shape as the dual action version?

Its interesting because the more I look at this knife the more it looks like an updated version of the Paramilitary. Slightly larger blade, similar handle with deeper choil, and still has the Compression lock.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

This looks like a Caly/Millie model to me, so that is awesome. Compression lock for carry is fine by me
...oh you know why!
black

Post by black »

I really like the design. Great blades shape. Is there a chance we will see the manual version in the future?
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

black wrote:I really like the design. Great blades shape. Is there a chance we will see the manual version in the future?
Check out the start date of this thread. :)

I've asked if the start date could be made visible with the person who started the thread so it is available without opening the thread. I've ansered on threads that were many years old. :D Or maybe you did know how old the thread is?

Jack
black

Post by black »

jackknifeh wrote:Or maybe you did know how old the thread is?

I know. But this knife wasn't released yet and i wonder why. It looks great.
BrianMcCord

Re:

Post by BrianMcCord »

black wrote:
jackknifeh wrote:Or maybe you did know how old the thread is?

I know. But this knife wasn't released yet and i wonder why. It looks great.
Here, here...
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
BrianMcCord

Re: Spyderco SAMARITAN - a photo

Post by BrianMcCord »

...or hear, hear...
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
kvdo

Re: Spyderco SAMARITAN - a photo

Post by kvdo »

Looks kinda like a PM2 handle with a Tatanka blade. Wonder why the Compression Lock version was never released - maybe too similar to the Paramilitary?