Carbon Fiber Spin

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

araneae wrote:Very nice work. I would like to see the Spin in G-10 as well. I'm just not a huge SS fan.
Nick,
Im not an SS fan either due to weight and finish, but the Spin is really light and the handle finger grooves fit index and middle finger so well that SS surface is no issue at all. Of course, I would say that, I like this little guy for my money clip! Im gonna get another one from CS (low price) and get it CF'd by Jose.
Mike
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
THG

Post by THG »

Pneumothorax wrote:Nick,
Im not an SS fan either due to weight and finish, but the Spin is really light and the handle finger grooves fit index and middle finger so well that SS surface is no issue at all. Of course, I would say that, I like this little guy for my money clip! Im gonna get another one from CS (low price) and get it CF'd by Jose.
Mike
I just got my Spin a couple hours ago, and I agree. SS just belongs on the Spin.
Im not good at sharpening, even with a sharpmaker. How get your blade good can your blade with an edge pro system? - Bladeforums user

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? - Some Online Meme
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

Awesome gesture, Jose! Being away from this forum for so long, I forget how awesome all of y'all are.

By the way, is this the work of Brad S.?

EDIT:
Awe heck, you made it! Very nice work.
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

who made that cf spin? it was given to someone here on the forum but who was the maker? he/she willing to do it for others? like myself or father? he doesnt like big knives and i was gonna give him something but he hates ss so maybe cf spin would be a good idea
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

jose, the guy who started this thread, made it for me. you can PM him and ask :) once i get it ill take some more pics for everyone.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

tonydahose wrote:jose, the guy who started this thread, made it for me. you can PM him and ask :) once i get it ill take some more pics for everyone.
thanks tony i am gonna. the work looks flawless :D

do you mind me asking what #1444 means in your sig?
--an eye for an eye--

v8r

Post by v8r »

Great work! I have always wondered why nearly everyone hates on the Spin so much.maybe it is a bit funky looking, but it is very useable.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Sweet!
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

tony does his location have any restrictions? i mean i live in NJ and he's in Spain so i guess i send him mine, he does it, then sends it back to NJ? is that legal to transfer a knife to and from? (i will send a PM to him but he doesnt seem to be on the forum alot so i will ask you first) because that is really truly flawless craftsmanship. i don't know how its done or the time it takes or cost or anything but i am sure he and i could work it out. every morning i load the thread again and look at it again and again and marvel at its beauty.
is that the same CF material from spyderco? how did you get it? did it come from another CF spyderco you butchered for its skin, lol. how did you do that? also i wonder what the back looks like, cf too? or too hard with the clip to fit it? i don't know i just love that thing. if its CF on one side its still cool but if its both sides then it would be UNBELIEVABLE. jose if you see this post before you read my PM i really really like your work and am very interested if you do this for a living and would be willing too....very very! :)
--an eye for an eye--

tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

SmoothOne25 wrote:
do you mind me asking what #1444 means in your sig?
spyderco made a World Trade Center Knife (later it was changed a little bit and then called the D'Allara) with the skyline of NY on the scales after 9/11. the skyline was made from a piece of steel pulled from the wreckage. Officer D'Allara was a big spyderco collector and he died that day. Sal made a special knife where the money went to the police and fire victim's families. They made over 3000, (i forgot the excact number, 1 for every person that died that day). Number 1 went to President Bush. After they were made the molds were broken. The D'Allara knife lived on with different scales until it was discontinued last year i think (it is a great knife by the way). The one i have is number 1444. sorry if the story was a little long. here is a link for some more info.

http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=59
SmoothOne25 wrote:tony does his location have any restrictions? i mean i live in NJ and he's in Spain so i guess i send him mine, he does it, then sends it back to NJ? is that legal to transfer a knife to and from? (i will send a PM to him but he doesnt seem to be on the forum alot so i will ask you first) because that is really truly flawless craftsmanship. i don't know how its done or the time it takes or cost or anything but i am sure he and i could work it out. every morning i load the thread again and look at it again and again and marvel at its beauty.
is that the same CF material from spyderco? how did you get it? did it come from another CF spyderco you butchered for its skin, lol. how did you do that? also i wonder what the back looks like, cf too? or too hard with the clip to fit it? i don't know i just love that thing. if its CF on one side its still cool but if its both sides then it would be UNBELIEVABLE. jose if you see this post before you read my PM i really really like your work and am very interested if you do this for a living and would be willing too....very very! :)
i dont know of any restrictions. I have sold Jose probably about 10-20 of my old knives. This is the first one coming back from him. I have been selling and buying knives from all over the world without any problems, except for Canada, **** those Canucks :p . one was lost coming to me but the seller bought insurance so we both got our money in the end. I wouldnt worry about sending or getting a knife unless the packing material was a derivative of the cocoa leaf :p

ps: you can buy carbon fiber sheets, it looks Jose matched it pretty well to what spyderco uses.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D