Only 45 MT05 Mules left!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JLS

Only 45 MT05 Mules left!

Post by JLS »

They've gone fast!

Wednesday will be 6 weeks, I wonder if they make it that far.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
Eighth of Eight

Post by Eighth of Eight »

I haven't really had a chance to beat up mine. I hope the rest go fast, can't wait for the next one. Maybe it will be from:

Golden, Colorado
U.S.A. Earth
:D
:spyder::D:D:spyder:
D'fly PE - D'fly SE - S.P.O.T. PE - '09 Swick - Caly 3 SE - Native DLC SE - Manix 2 SE - Tasman Salt SE - Saver Salt SE - Dodo SE - MT05P - Centofonte 3 - Yin/Yang - Baby Goddard - MT06P -
Swick 2 - '09 Meercat - Superhawk - C101GPBL2 Blue Manix 2
:spyder::D:D:spyder:
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Thanks for the reminder, I just ordered 5 more.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Hopefully my handles get here today, so I can get more than a cord wrap on mine and start really using it. Haven't picked up more than the s90v yet, simply because I don't know how it's gonna work for me.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

vampyrewolf wrote:Hopefully my handles get here today, so I can get more than a cord wrap on mine and start really using it. Haven't picked up more than the s90v yet, simply because I don't know how it's gonna work for me.
What handles did you get?

Marion
Marion David Poff
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

Only 40 left now. Great! No offense, but I can't wait until they move on to a better American steel. I was suprised they went from M4 and ZDP to 9cro what ever it's called.
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Marion David Poff wrote:What handles did you get?

Marion
2 sets of 1/4" cocobolo from Hector Castro, for me to shape and finish. Just have to set up my belt sander when I have time.
Bought a dust/particulate mask about 5 years ago when I was trying to fill time with a bad wrist, wasn't able to work long enough to make it count and put it off in the corner of the basement to come back to. Now it's just a question of having time to work on it.

Just have to get mounting hardware shape and finish the handles, and finally get the sheath made (bought 5-6oz cow and supplies when I received the mule). Figure getting the wood from the same source allows me to have a nearly matched pair when I buy another mule.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
jabba359

Going...and going...

Post by jabba359 »

And gone! :eek: I was curious about how many were still left, so I checked only to discover that those last 45 went pretty quick! Hopefully this means the MT06 will start shipping soon! :D
Attachments
No More Mule.jpg
No More Mule.jpg (92.32 KiB) Viewed 1563 times
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

Nice! I'm excited to try the next Mule.
JLS

Post by JLS »

I'm far from disappointed that they used a Chinese steel. The price point made this doable for nearly everyone and I believe many of these will get used hard or given away on gifts. My final tally is that I ordered 53 of these and 41 of them went to other people. They are now future buyers of the next steel that otherwise were only mildly interested before. Once they get one in their hands and finish it, they're excited.

Also, we've been generously treated to some premium steels lately. If you always eat steak, how good is it after a while? The 9CR18 seems to be a good steel, don't get me wrong. But it also serves to highlight the insane goodness of S90V and friends. You gotta have a mix folks.

I'm looking forward to the next in the series. I only hope that we have this program for another few years.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
aero_student

Post by aero_student »

Dang it, I missed this one.

Someone please pm m if they hear about someone selling one.
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

wow, I was putting this model off until they sorted out the ZDP testing...

oh well. Bring on S35VN!
—Daniel Jackson
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Agree. I bought more than I usually buy and threw some micarta scales on one and gave it to my wife for kitchen use. So far, to my astonishment, it's holding up quite well. You might say she's the acid test, at least from certain perspectives (and definitely not from others).
JLS wrote:I'm far from disappointed that they used a Chinese steel. The price point made this doable for nearly everyone and I believe many of these will get used hard or given away on gifts. My final tally is that I ordered 53 of these and 41 of them went to other people. They are now future buyers of the next steel that otherwise were only mildly interested before. Once they get one in their hands and finish it, they're excited.

Also, we've been generously treated to some premium steels lately. If you always eat steak, how good is it after a while? The 9CR18 seems to be a good steel, don't get me wrong. But it also serves to highlight the insane goodness of S90V and friends. You gotta have a mix folks.

I'm looking forward to the next in the series. I only hope that we have this program for another few years.
MountainManJim

Post by MountainManJim »

Sequimite wrote:Thanks for the reminder, I just ordered 5 more.
Good grief Greg, you are seriousily addicted to the Spydercos. :D

Jim
I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

MountainManJim wrote:Good grief Greg, you are seriousily addicted to the Spydercos. :D

Jim
I've got it bad lately, NO THANKS TO YOU, YOU ENABLER!!!!
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

$20 for a chinese blank never seemed that great of a deal to me. But then again I've been wrong before.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

nathan310 wrote:$20 for a chinese blank never seemed that great of a deal to me. But then again I've been wrong before.
You mean, like now? :p
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

I could be. My understanding is it's Chinese Barber Scissor Steel and made in China. And it's a blank on top of it. So to me that says cheap materials plus cheap labor. Yes Spyderco designed it which is a plus but I still wouldn't buy it. And I'm sure there are shipping costs too. Plus the more I hear about China and they way they operate the less I want to send money over there in any way shape or form. Taiwan is another story though. If I'm missing something please explain.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

nathan310 wrote:$20 for a chinese blank never seemed that great of a deal to me. But then again I've been wrong before.
Yep you're wrong. Lots of inferior Chinese knife blanks sell for more.These will end up selling for $35+ so it's a great deal.

Your not wanting to buy Chinese has nothing to do with whether it's a good deal.
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

Where are these inferior blanks thqat cost more?