Temperance II/ Mule question??

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Hector Castro

Temperance II/ Mule question??

Post by Hector Castro »

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get some Brown Canvas Micarta that will match the Handle on my temperance II ?
I have a new mule and I would like to make a handle for it, to match the temperance II. I have seen all kinds of canvas micarta. Tan, Golden brown, brown, earth brown.
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

You could try here:

http://shadetreecomposites.com/

Todd has a wide variety of custom material. For example, I bought some Carhartt denim tan laminate from him last spring. He may not have the exact same material as used on the Temperance II, but if you can't get that you should be able to get a very close match from him.

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
sal

Post by sal »

Halpern Titanium probably has something similar.

sal
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

the folks at Halpern titanium are fantastic! Good people... It amazed me at the last knife show I was at Marianne Halpern came up to me to thank me for my business even though Im the smallest of smallest of their customers. She also just decided to give me a huge bag of 2-56 screws that I order from them all the time... no reason. Its that kinda service though that keeps me coming back.

You might not be able to find what your looking for on the site, so call and ask.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
Hector Castro

Post by Hector Castro »

Silly me, I did not subscribe to this thread. I did not realize Sal and Brad had replied.

One more question.

Is the micarta bead blasted? It has a uniform pattern that does not look like it could be done with sand paper, and the pins look blasted.

Can someone confirm this.

I am about to purchase a blasting cabinet for this very reason....
I know, I know. But it is an addiction.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Yes, the micarta on the Temp II is bead blasted.It appears darker next to the blade where it is a bit smoother on mine.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Hector Castro

Post by Hector Castro »

I just spoke to someone at Halpern Titanium. She was very polite and helpful. Unfortunatley they only get the Tan Canvas Micarta in very large sheets. 4' x 6' and resell it to a large knife company we all love. I explained to the young lady that I do not have a use for that much micarta. She took my name and number. She is going to see if there are any pieces laying around or left over. SCRAP.

Keep your toes and fingers crossed..... she calls back!!!
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

If Halpern cannot hook you up, just go to MSC.

Search for "SHEET PHENOLIC CANVAS CE", is is the same color, not expensive, and they offer it in a bunch of different thickness....

If you want it in 1/4".... http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PM ... O=74967018

Marion
Marion David Poff