Today's EDC lets see em!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Tank

Post by Tank »

This is what I had today, Hey Doc, I would love to see a pic of how you carry all that, quite impressive.
-John
Billy

Post by Billy »

Posted this over in the Gallery section yesterday, but it's the same today sooo...
Attachments
EDC.jpeg
EDC.jpeg (79.77 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Billy wrote:Posted this over in the Gallery section yesterday, but it's the same today sooo...
Ay Billy, That's a sweet little wharnie with the orange handle there....got a better pic? and give us some details knifebro....it looks special!.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Tank wrote:This is what I had today, Hey Doc, I would love to see a pic of how you carry all that, quite impressive.
LoL Tank....Just invision a 138 lb. man leaving the house in the morn tipping the scales at 165+lbs....I would love to show you all the carry positions but I willing to bet there are a few criminal types that would love to see it as well....It is not really that hard to conceal all that stuff...easier than you think if you are creative...If you are ever in my part of town I'd be happy to show you my special concealment for carry....I specially like to see the faces of newbies when I'm teaching a Firearms Course and someone always asks how can you conceal a firearm so no one will know you are carrying...I then ask can you tell if I'm carrying a firearm?...(all eyes balls are peeled on my body) after a few seconds, someone will say no, are you even carrying one. I say sure!...Then I love to watch their reactions as I draw and place on the table in front of them 18 firearms (all concealed just wearing a t-shirt with an over shirt)...with each and every firearm placed on the table their eyes get wider and wider and the end of the demo I always say, See...If I can conceal 18 you shouldn't have any problems concealing one!....To be honest I never walk around this way as It proves to be most uncomfortable, however it proves the point that it can be done......Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

Billy wrote:Posted this over in the Gallery section yesterday, but it's the same today sooo...
Hey Billy....is that a G20 ? Love the Large Bore Sub-Compacts.

I was loaned one while working as an exploration geologist in New Guinea back in the 90's. They didn't attract attention, but gave you a feeling of confidence that only a .45 can. :cool:
Billy

Post by Billy »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Ay Billy, That's a sweet little wharnie with the orange handle there....got a better pic? and give us some details knifebro....it looks special!.....Doc :D
Hi Doc. Figured you might notice that little guy being the wharncliffe fan you are. :D It is made by PML Knives (Paul Letourneau) of 3/16" CPM 3V with a 2.5" blade, G10 handles and the very handy little screwdriver butt, which I suppose could double as a nasty little skull-crusher. :cool: It's perfect for pocket or neck carry and it splits time in my front left pocket with my RAT Izula. It is unbelievably sharp (whittles hair ridiculously easy) and holds that edge really well. This knife has made me a big fan of 3V. :D Here's some better shots of it I just snapped. Enjoy!
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Billy

Post by Billy »

Clawhammer wrote:Hey Billy....is that a G20 ? Love the Large Bore Sub-Compacts.

I was loaned one while working as an exploration geologist in New Guinea back in the 90's. They didn't attract attention, but gave you a feeling of confidence that only a .45 can. :cool:
Close - it's a G36. Glock's only single stack handgun. I am a big fan of 1911's (carried a couple of Colts and a Para for many years), but love the simplicity, reliability, low maintenance and no-nonsense design of Glocks. My normal dress usually consists of jeans or cargo shorts and t-shirts, polos or light button downs, so a small, thin and light handgun is the perfect CCW for me. But, I also believe strongly in carrying the biggest caliber I can, and with the G36 I have 13 rounds (6+1 and an extra mag) of Speer Gold Dot 230 grain hp's in an easily concealabe, comfortable to carry and very reliable package. :D
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Gadget Guy

Post by Gadget Guy »

Tank

Post by Tank »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:LoL Tank....Just invision a 138 lb. man leaving the house in the morn tipping the scales at 165+lbs....I would love to show you all the carry positions but I willing to bet there are a few criminal types that would love to see it as well....It is not really that hard to conceal all that stuff...easier than you think if you are creative...If you are ever in my part of town I'd be happy to show you my special concealment for carry....I specially like to see the faces of newbies when I'm teaching a Firearms Course and someone always asks how can you conceal a firearm so no one will know you are carrying...I then ask can you tell if I'm carrying a firearm?...(all eyes balls are peeled on my body) after a few seconds, someone will say no, are you even carrying one. I say sure!...Then I love to watch their reactions as I draw and place on the table in front of them 18 firearms (all concealed just wearing a t-shirt with an over shirt)...with each and every firearm placed on the table their eyes get wider and wider and the end of the demo I always say, See...If I can conceal 18 you shouldn't have any problems concealing one!....To be honest I never walk around this way as It proves to be most uncomfortable, however it proves the point that it can be done......Doc :D
Thats just crazy, I think I really would need to see it to truly comprehend, If I am ever in your neck of the woods I will definatly let you know so I can get a demo as it sound pretty cool.
-John
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

VashHash wrote:This was my EDC today same as yesterday. BUT i had my swick on me today. Which isn't in the pic because i took this pic yesterday for the EDC thread in the Pic gallery. Doc i used to carry my hissatsu upside down everyday. My shirts are just long enough to cover the handle but not long enough to stop me from getting to it quickly. The cold is coming back though so it might see some more carry time.
Do you happen to be a Defensive Tactic Instructor for Law Enforcement Officers as well?

I'm so confused...
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I think he just likes to carry a lot of different knives...Nothing wrong with that....nobody ever said you have to carry just one knife....and even if I weren't a DT Instructor....my habits would probably be the same.....don't knock it till you tried it sort of thing.....Fact is the carpenter carries a whole tool box, you wife or girlfriend cooks with more than one pot.....etc etc etc....Doc :D

Hammurabi

Post by Hammurabi »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:It's time again for one of those EDC threads...show us what's in your pockets today....The pic below is what I pulled off my body today...included and not pictured is my Rock Salt...and Badge...just too big for the photo.....Doc :D

This is just ridiculous: no one needs two wallets ;) .
mikebandw186

Post by mikebandw186 »

Hey Doc, no semi autos? Just the (what appear to be) Rugers?
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." Sal Glesser

Proudly carrying the SpyderEdge!

Chance is a fickle B$%^h and I have no faith in the judgmental abilities of criminals. -KaliGMan
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

mikebandw186 wrote:Hey Doc, no semi autos? Just the (what appear to be) Rugers?
Ay Mike, Pictured there are two Sp101 Rugers and If you look closely you will find a .22mag NAA...I'm a revoler man...for work I carry a Sig P220 and I do switch out to the semi-jamatics for winter carry...but I'd rather have a wheelgun....Doc :D

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Hammurabi wrote:This is just ridiculous: no one needs two wallets ;) .
LOL....Doc :D

Billy

Post by Billy »

Hey Doc, what's that Mantis FB over on the left side? Looks pretty cool...
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Looks like a Mantis MF-2. To answer Red's question I work for a PMC(private military corporation) it's called KMAS(Keeping My A$$ Safe ;) ). I like having options never know what you're going to need to cut. Some would say it's better to have and not need than need and not have. The world we live in isn't getting any better. I'm not a big fan of guns. Too loud and bulky. I'm not saying i carry all these with bad intent but i carry them as tools first and multipurpose items second. If I were a defensive tactic instructor I'd have alot more concealable options. I wear most of these spyders clipped in my pockets easily in sight. Just remember if ya got em smoke em.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

MF-2 Mantis...Vash hit it on the head.....Doc :D

Farmer Brown

Post by Farmer Brown »

Clawhammer wrote:Image
I can't help but stare at that bill.
1. There is a time and place for everything.
2. Not everybody shares your views.
3. Common sense and basic courtesy gets one far.
4. Know your local laws.
5. "Sheeple" is a bigot's term.