Finally graduating, mechanical engineering

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
aero_student

Finally graduating, mechanical engineering

Post by aero_student »

After seven years of college and some big changes and growth in my life I'm finally graduating in a few weeks.

I've been on this forum for around 10 years now and I figured I should share this one with you folks.

December 19, 2009 is the date and I'll finally have by BS in Mechanical Engineering.

Unfortunately, I found out thursday that that company that I've been interning at for the last two years, and doing STELLAR work at, won't be hiring me. So, I'm in the job market and looking for a good ME career. I'm really hoping to find something in power generation.

My girlfriend and I have also set a wedding date. We've been together over 7 years now. A LONG time ago a very dear friend on the forum here, JAVA, sent us a pair of blue Delica's. We're doing some pre-wedding photo's in a few weeks and I think we need to work them into a picture or two so I can send him a copy.

Regards

Brian

PS, let me know if you hear about any good M.E. jobs...
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

Well Done Lad!

Don't worry too much about job prospects... as I'm sure you're aware...class numbers for Mech Eng's have been low for years... you'll have the job market to yourself !
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Congratulations! Good luck with the career, and the marriage.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Congrats on graduating Brian and i wish you and the future mrs aero-student many happy years together. i have seen all of the projects that you posted on here and they were all great, whatever company that hires you will be lucky to have ya. let us know when you start selling those beer openers, you can put me down for 1 :) .
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Congrats, man. That's a great accomplishment and now youve got a lot to look forward to - new career, new wife, new life! Enjoy the ride and everything along the way. It is about the journey and not the destination.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!