Spyderco Customer Service vs Benchmade CS

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

Actually in this case Jesse, I was thinking about your knife :) I was thinking about a Para my roomate sent in about a year ago :D it was quite a mess.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
fishwatcher

Post by fishwatcher »

I have not dealt with Spyderco CS in a number of years.

In the past though I have only had high quality and "way above and beyond" experiences with Spyderco CS.

On the high quality side, I have sent in knives for a sharpening and check-up (thought the lock bar not being flush on a 10 year old knife didn't look right), and they have sharpened them up and also responded that certain knives that I returned did not pass their quality inspection, and that they were giving me full retail credit toward current Spyderco knives.

On the above and beyond side, I once turned in a rusted steel handled Police model. My friend had kept in a non waterproof Spyderco knife case on his boat for over a year. The zipper on the pouch was rusted shut and after I cut open the pouch, the knife was obviously rusted shut as well.

I turned it into Spyderco CS fully expecting to pay $25 for a refurbish, if it was even possible. They returned the knife to me 10 days later with no charge. They called me ahead of time and told me what was coming back, calling it an experiment and challenge to the Spyderco team to try and bring this knife back from the dead.

While permanently pitted and roughened up, the knife came back in perfect working order with scars to prove it had not been babied. The handles were polished back as much as possible and the end result was awesome.
Padawan

Post by Padawan »

I'm not sure what the average turn around time is for Spyderco customer service, as this is my first time sending knives in. I sent in my pink Native because of a potentially defective lock bar and by ZDP-189 Caly Jr. for a gentle sharpening because of an uneven factory edge bevel. They arrived at Spyderco on the 13th of October, which was roughly 2 weeks ago. I tried calling today just to see if they had any info on the status of my knives, but no one returned the message I left on the W&R answering machine. Hopefully, both knives will be home soon. I miss 'em.
carrot

Post by carrot »

I don't know anything about Benchmade's customer service as I do not buy their products but I am certain you will be pleased with Spyderco and their customer service. The CEO of Spyderco, Sal Glesser, regularly interacts with aficionados on this forum and Bladeforums.
Latest :spyder: -- Blurple Para2