Mule cord wrap and sheath

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
dsmegst

Mule cord wrap and sheath

Post by dsmegst »

Hey guys,

I finally got one of my mules done and figured I'd share the results. :D

I fattened out the grip a bit with an extra layer of paracord under the wrap. The width of the handle is slightly over 3/4 of an inch thick in the middle and provides a fairly comfortable grip. The sheath is .093 kydex. I find that the edges of the knife is too sharp and wore down the compression point so the retention is not where I want it but it's still tight enough for light and medium duty.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

Very nice, and just in time for halloween.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

So, you wrapped through the whole for an underlayer, then did the Strider wrap over top.

Nice, looks good.
Marion David Poff
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Exactly. I wanted a thicker handle for grip and it was the best way to do it. It also hides the joint of the two cord strands so it looks clean from the outside. I wish I could have gotten the two sides a little more even though. I didn't see it until I was finished but the left side has 11 knots and the right side has only 9. I looks a bit lopsided from the top.

When the next mule comes out, I'm going to do a few more. Thanks for the comments!
Dan (dsmegst)

Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral