CAT! a taster

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Oh, I don't have one yet. I reserved one from a dealer today. I'm just always a little wary of the Walker liner lock. I was curious to hear if the lock engages towards the left, if there's any stickiness, etc.
Firebat

Post by Firebat »

The CF is flat, smooth, and shiny.

The lock on my particular example is perfect functionally. It feels a little weird to me as the tang is pretty deep into the handle so there's a lot of liner sticking up above it. As such it's a less direct feel. Kind of hard to describe.

Also, the grooving/texturing/jimping whatever you want to call it on the thumb ramp and choil are somewhat less than crisply machined.
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Where do you guys buy it from? The only place I can find it listed is KC and they say it's not in till Jan 2010.
sixheads

Post by sixheads »

My Dealer in Torornto said that they are makin a new batch of cats and chicagos and thell be in in a while . That could mean a month or 2 .

Sixheads
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Ah okay, I guess the 1st batch is sold out. Oh well.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

i got mine from kc that friday when it came out (thanx whoever dropped that first thread that friday they were available) and it was delivered monday and that next thursday they were both out of stock by then with that message 2010...
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

"they" were o.o.s

chicago and cat i meant
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
canallabites

Post by canallabites »

I really love sage, and i'm sure that this will be a perfect sustitute for it. I like small knives
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Sure wish I had mine right now. :(
Had to send it back to factory for warranty issues.
Wish they would hurry up. :cool:
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I wonder if Spyderco recalled a bunch of these due to these multiple reported quality control issues? Just seems odd that it would take a dealer 3 months to get another shipment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

That "taster" in the title was bugging me - just remembered that it's the title of a Wild Man Fisher song.

I'm just as glad I have to wait for the second batch. Hopefully they'll fix the F&F issues.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897