Sal, any chance of a Native Salt?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
fishtale

Sal, any chance of a Native Salt?

Post by fishtale »

I'd love to see one in my favorite steel...H1! It seems like a fairly easy development project since you can reuse the 1 piece FRN handle. It's also hollow ground :) I don't think it would overlap the Salt1 much because of the dramatic difference in blade shape. Just a thought. ft
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'd like to see pretty much every spyderco knife in H-1.
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

A rust-proof yellow Native would be great!

As well as a green one, a white one, an orange one, ...
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
El Tigre

Post by El Tigre »

I'm in! But I don't like yellow. Black, olive drab, or blue are ok.

"El Tigre"
Folding knives can be classified in two large groups: Spydercos and the rest!

Please be patient, I dont speak english properly.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

If it were to be done, it probably would be a Native III Salt.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SelfDefenseNut

Post by SelfDefenseNut »

I'd buy a Native salt as long as the handle was not some rainbow color. I love the profile of that blade, in fact I think it's one of the best profiles Spyderco makes. The blade would have to have to have a black finish for me though.
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

I'd buy one if the price was right
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Any chance of a NativeBug? Native sized Ladybug?
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

The Deacon wrote:If it were to be done, it probably would be a Native III Salt.
Even better. The Native III best of the Native designs yet. :D
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

VashHash wrote:I'd like to see pretty much every spyderco knife in H-1.
Here's to that!!!!

What about an H1 Native in a darker, forest green??
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
catamount

Post by catamount »

So far, :spyder: has resisted making H1 knives with anything other than yellow or black FRN scales (with the exception of the Mariner Salt). Yellow, in particular, is exclusively associated with H1 (a good thing from a marketing/ branding perspective).

Since the standard VG-10 Native III is already black, we're left with yellow. I'd definitely like to see a yellow H1 Native III.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

I'd like to see Spyderco take the plunge, and do some H1 knives in other colors. It's about time that people realized that this steel has huge advantages as an EDC choice, and begin to accept and treat it as being on par with -- or better than -- the other landlubber steels out there.

H1 -- it's not just for divers anymore.

H1 is the most perfect choice ever for fly fishing, hunting, hiking, snow sports, people who sweat lots (and have toxic sweat), lazy people who don't want to dry their knives or who just want to clean them in the dishwasher, people who hate dealing with rust over and over again, people who live in humid areas, people who live in rainy places (USA's NW coast, SE Alaska, Britain, Scandinavia), people who live in hot, dry areas but sweat lots... and perhaps most importantly, people who may have to go from office to oil spill emergency response in a matter of seconds. :D :p
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

What about a whole "survivalist series" of H1 spydies, with a special FRN color to match? The whole "survival" thing is popular right now, with a number of TV shows holding the public's interest... survival folder, survival fixed blade, survival slippy... :D
fishtale

Post by fishtale »

Looks like there is interest! Using the Native3 handle is an option but I'd much prefer the original. My dad has carried a Native1 exclusively since it was released. He started with the G2 blade, wore it out, and I replaced it with a nice S30V! H1 would be the best!
hickster

Post by hickster »

clovisc wrote:What about a whole "survivalist series" of H1 spydies, with a special FRN color to match? The whole "survival" thing is popular right now, with a number of TV shows holding the public's interest... survival folder, survival fixed blade, survival slippy... :D
My vote is ORANGE! Do it now before over-saturating the market with orange handles. In a survival situation I want to be able to find what I am looking for. Orange is the best color under any/all circumstances. Yellow is good, but definitely not in snow or the Fall season. Orange is THE emergency color. Please, make it so No. 1 (Sal).
hickster
hoshyoto

Post by hoshyoto »

hickster wrote:My vote is ORANGE! Do it now before over-saturating the market with orange handles. In a survival situation I want to be able to find what I am looking for. Orange is the best color under any/all circumstances. Yellow is good, but definitely not in snow or the Fall season. Orange is THE emergency color. Please, make it so No. 1 (Sal).
hickster
Are you making Sal be Riker? Probably not the wisest choice :)