Hot Girl Spyderco Vid

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SantaCruzJason

Hot Girl Spyderco Vid

Post by SantaCruzJason »

Looks like there's a big time Spyderco fan on youtube, and she's crazy hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LcTBxGxxYE

After seeing this, I had to get this knife. It arrived yesterday, and I absolutely love it!
Noble

Post by Noble »

Hi, welcome to the Forums. The knife is great in its own right, even without her :D
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

My Dream Knife: Paramilitary with FFG H1. GITD G10.
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

Who is this girl? Good Lord!
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

you shouldn't throw a folding knife it's very bad for it but then again your life is worth more than a knife anyday of the week
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Right but would being hit by a knife stop an attacker? And now you don't have your knife anymore. Sure, you could hit a major artery or something but what are the odds?

I'm not a big fan of knives for SD (those who are well trained are exceptions, of course) but throwing one seems like it should be your last option IMO.

Great video though.

Ken
玉鋼
Sherpa

Post by Sherpa »

I think a girl like that pulling a knife like that out of their pocket would stop an attacker. Just long enough for her to chuck that sucker at their throat! GULP!!!
SlideTechnik

Post by SlideTechnik »

It seems our definitions of crazy hot differ.

You also don't want to throw your knife in a self defense situation...it's sort of like saying, "Here, stab me with this."
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

I don't think the video was about throwing the knife... :D
MountainManJim

Post by MountainManJim »

Wow, what a gal. Looks like she has some Hapkido videos too.

Jim
I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5
firebert

Post by firebert »

throwing a knife is about as useful as throwing a gun.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
smikesmith3

Post by smikesmith3 »

SlideTechnik wrote:It seems our definitions of crazy hot differ.

You also don't want to throw your knife in a self defense situation...it's sort of like saying, "Here, stab me with this."
+1 lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I wasn't a steel snob until I met CTS-XHP."
Spyderco Dealer
gac

Post by gac »

I saw that video last night. I don't get knife throwing as defense.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Wow nice toss!
I dunno how many times Ive tried to get my old gerbers and kershaws to stick in a tree from ten or so feet away! lol dont worry though I dont want to break my knice knives so my spydies stay in my pockets when Im acting dumb! :D :D
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

spyderHS08 wrote:Wow nice toss!
I dunno how many times Ive tried to get my old gerbers and kershaws to stick in a tree from ten or so feet away! lol dont worry though I dont want to break my knice knives so my spydies stay in my pockets when Im acting dumb! :D :D
YES!!!!! hahaha we moved onto wal mart machetes man ;)

Cool video!
Vic
lamarrk

Post by lamarrk »

Knife? Are you guys saying she had a knife?
And to think that I watched that video at least 10 times and never saw it!
:D
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

lamarrk wrote:Knife? Are you guys saying she had a knife?
And to think that I watched that video at least 10 times and never saw it!
:D
What are you talking about? What knife? I didn´t saw it too :D ... just some girl talking about something I don´t remember about, just that smile and... :p Dear lord, I am going to get cold shower :D
“There's no friends like the old friends.” James Joyce, Dubliners
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Hello
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
oldschool

Post by oldschool »

Throwing a knife makes sense only if the knife was particularly designed for that, e.g. with the right balance & all.
:spyder: Native III PE
:spyder: Native PE
:spyder: Sage I
:spyder: Pacific Salt
:spyder: Delica 4 Blue
:spyder: Manix2 Blue Lightweight
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

Wow,FHM meets Spyderco=Sexy.. Endura Wave,Delica Wave?? Does size matter?
markg

Post by markg »

A guy on a fourm once coined (actually he did not but he told the story of where it came from) a term for why we find women in "male" circumstances "hot." Consider all the women in the military or heck the UPS driver (female) that we think is "hot" but if you saw her at the "club" she would just be a girl next door. It is that her gender is out of context, and that peaks our interest.

So, just about any girl playing with a knife to us knife nuts is going to make us go ga ga... :)

As for knife throwing... The last MBC seminar I went to with Michael Janich he ended it with a session on knife throwing, heck he even has a video on the subject.

In short... The throwing of small edged weapons has been around for a long time. It does has some tactical application. If you study Japanses martial arts you may consider the times you have thrown a shuriken at a sword welding enemy. It was done to create a means of escape. Consider that person had a two handed grip on a weapon, they are not going to drop the sword to exchange it for your shuriken. However when you throw it, it does create a window to change the dynamic of the encounter.

Now, in a modern application. Consider a person with a two handed grip on a handgun, and you with your Endura. Throwing it "might" create a situation that will distract (at best it is stuck in them, at worst it simply makes them move) the guy attacking you. Is the guy going to drop the handgun to take up your knife? No... See in both situations they have (in our minds at least) the superior weapon in hand and why exchange it for your knife you have thrown?

The other time knife throwing makes tactical sense, is when you use it as a distraction to move to another weapon. In Mike's video I noted, you see this a lot. Throw the knife then move to your handgun. Throwing your knife creates the distraction for you to transition to another weapon.

Knife throwing is also great to learn if you want to run away and join the circus. ;)

But yes, throwing a knife at an unarmed attacker is not the best of options for many reasons (both tactical and legal). However there are a few armed encounters that it could be considered a reasonable option.