Bram Frank's lapu lapu corto

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

Without Alex (dialex) doing homage to my Gunting..without Alex (dialex) putting into conceptual images the ideas I've talked of and he clearly envisoned, there would not be an LLC as it exists today..Without Alex's love of knives and knife design there would be no LLC as it is today..
Ed Schempp. and Owen Wood in-putted as well.. but my deepest thanks and respects to Alex..
I have hundreds of knife designs.. the few variations and innovations I atempted @ Spyderco over the few years I was there never came to anything but forum talk...and images / drawings seen and yet my thanks to Spyderco for making my Gunting...for it set the stage for my other designs of today...even if some of them are over 12 years old..ROFL..
The Tusok is out..selling well, Desangut on the way, Gunt-a-nek arrives soon, LLC2B is in pipeline. fixed blade LLCs in pipeline..Abaniko2 in 4" 5" and 7" in production schedule now..

All of my training DVDs are available from http://www.jadededgeproductions.com
BUDO makes one of my DVDs as well..
so does Paladin Press.

thank you all for still watching and using some of my edged tools.

be safe
Bram
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

I caught this one late. Folks I just wrapped up a two day Urban Street Combatives seminar in Louisiana. Why did I mention that. Only that my first Spyderco was a Gunting folder. The magnum was introduced to a few people this past weekend. I used the gunting folder on many details and in past law enforcement duties. I was happy to see Bram get this back to
those who appreciate this type of tool.

I have had the privledge of being on the receiving end of the Lapu lapu...... Thanks Bram! :rolleyes: You know Bram when people are blasted or locked :D with the tool, the nation of origin is not the first, second, or third word out of their mouths! :D I got the Magnum and trainer in just before travelling to LA. It is a great tool and well built. For my large Mits, it works much better for me.

Bram, I will talk to you soon. Take care all and God Bless! ;)

John............Stonyman
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I think by far this is one of the coolest aspects of these forums is that the actual makers and designers come in here and talk it up with the rest of us "normal" guys. I definitely appreciate your work bram and i hope to own one of your pieces pretty soon
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

thanks: the Magnum is for big paws and the guys in uniform (and hidden out of uniform) really like. The LLC2B is on the way. An LLC with my version of a Modified Bowie blade ( yes 2 7/8ths) and of course a Magnum version. 2B will be the LLC replacement for the Gunting which was too spear shaped.Teaching an Instructor camp in Hollywood FL Sept 17-20 and Clearwater FL Oct 1-4. Due to deployment of TEAMS, I'm open next few weeks if anyone wants private training or to bring me in for an impromtu seminar. If any of you want all of my instructor manuals, CENTCOM, SOCOM, FLETC, CSSD updates, magazine articles, my books text and almost complete with step by step pictures..email me and I'll send you a link to download it all in PDF. arnisman@aol.com
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

I have Magnums here (some Military versions), some LLC sets, New LLC CRMIPTs both left and right handed versions. $125 Magnum, $100 everything else, $15 shipping insurance etc. paypal me @ my email arnisman@aol.com
My books and files are for FREE as I stated above!( yes they used to cost big money). My camps were $1999 each: due to economy and if you are forum member $499 each for 4 days. Come learn how to use your sharp tool properly within legal and liabiliy of actual use. be safe
Bram
Jbgecko13

Post by Jbgecko13 »

I found the patend for the puzzle lock on the bram knife....

http://www.google.com/patents?id=fNzHAA ... fe&f=false

it looks a lot like the gunting...
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

It definitely looks like the compression lock. Why bump such an old thread tho? :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Blerv wrote:It definitely looks like the compression lock. Why bump such an old thread tho? :)
Looks very similar, especially from the outside, but appears to work on a totally different principle. I'd think of it as kind of a cross between a compression lock and a lockback. Lockbar looks like, and has the same plane of motion as, a compression lock. However, it drops into a notch in the tang like a lockback or midlock, rather than interfering between the tang and the stop pin the way the compression lock's does.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
varevinc

Post by varevinc »

is ther someone who knows where i can buy the LLC magnum version ? i really want one !