New Man on Board

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
the swamp fox

New Man on Board

Post by the swamp fox »

Guys,
I have looked/read here for some time and recently came to a decision.I have sold my Large Sebenza as well as a Strider SMF I just got as I have become enamored with Spyderco's product line. Tell me I'm doing the right thing. lol

The Swamp Fox :spyder:
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

You are doing the right thing!

Welcome!

P.S.- HIDE YOUR WALLET!
jritayik

Post by jritayik »

Welcome to the forum! You can never have too many knives! You should keep what you have and just add to the collection.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Yes you are! and welcome.

- best wishes, Jazz.
haydenlaw

Post by haydenlaw »

the swamp fox wrote:Guys,
I have looked/read here for some time and recently came to a decision.I have sold my Large Sebenza as well as a Strider SMF I just got as I have become enamored with Spyderco's product line. Tell me I'm doing the right thing. lol

I'm very new here too - and new to Spyderco knives. I got a small classic Sebenza about three years ago and I think it's a great knife. But if I'd had any experience with Spyderco knives before I got it, I might have gotten one of them instead. The new Sage with titanium handle especially would make a fine alternative to the Sebenza. The one danger with Spyderco's is that they seem to be addictive - :D (my fourth is in the mail.)

I've never even held a Strider - so I can't say on those.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Hey Welcome!

Check out the new Sage2 with the Reeves Integral Linerlock/Titanium Slabs/S30v blade. It might be just the ticket to keep your withdrawals under control :) .

There's a great review on Youtube.
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Welcome to the Forum. Your definitely doing the right thing :D .

Canis
the swamp fox

Post by the swamp fox »

Thanks guys.......I've two Citadels enroute to me this week....both are the 92mm with plain edges.....one black and the other stainless. I'm looking forward to these.

slice22358

Post by slice22358 »

Welcome aboard! The addiction will hit soon enough. I started out with just a Harpy. Then, about a month later, I decided a Cricket and an Endura needed to join. Now, 30 knives later, there's no sign of it stopping. Good luck :D
Feeding the addiction

Proud member of The Cult of the Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

Personally I always have at least two CRK knives at all times. But Spydies you can have more for the money. The CRK inspired Sage 2 I must have soon, not to mention the new Manix 2, Lum Chinese, Dragonfly G10(when available) and the Leafstorm. That's just the short list.

I also just got the USN Forums Endura (black combo edge, wave, toxic green handle) it's awesome!

Spydies are a never ending addiction. I'm trying to keep a couple Benchmades at bay also.

So try a whole bunch and enjoy!
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
J-Na806

Post by J-Na806 »

Welcome to the Forum. :spyder: It's something,isn't it???

Jimmy
Endura Wave,Endura Gen2,Endura Gen4,ZDP-189,Trainer Wave,Endura Trainer,Pink Delica,White Delica,Delica ZDP-189,Delica Trainer Wave Numbered,Delica Gen4, Caly3 ZDP-189, Kris,Sage Numbered,Mule Team ZDP-189,(2) Black Yojimbo (1)Numbered, (1)Blue Yojimbo,(1)Spyker, (2)Karambit, Civilian CF Plain Edge Numbered , Massad Ayoob, Adventura, Centofante III ,LUM Chinese Folder ZDP-189,Lum Chinese Ti,PE Tenacious,SE Tenacious,CE Tenacious,OR Ladybug,(2) USN Endura,MJ Endura,(2) Milli M4, Milli T, P'kal
the swamp fox

Post by the swamp fox »

I'm enjoying it immensely.