Survey, What is you favorite carry knife and why

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Deadeye008

Post by Deadeye008 »

I carry a SE Dragonfly in my front right pocket and a SE Pacific Salt at about 5 o'clock on my waist. I use the Dragonfly more than the Pacific Salt.
STi

Post by STi »

Ladybug 3 H1....I like small light knives for EDC...I was using a William Henry Carbon Fiber Kestrel but Was abit expensive to justify using it lol!
oregon

Post by oregon »

The Endura 4, plain edge, with FRN handle is almost always clipped into the extreme right side of my right front jean's pocket.

It is big enough to swing in anger at blackberry vines and such with predictible results: cuts the target and it stays in my hand. I like the black clip, good-sized thumb hole, back lock, texturing on the scales and blade, great steel (VG-10), adjustable pivot, skeletonized liners, strong blade profile, black handle, replaceable clip (heck the entire knife is replaceable) and comfortable reverse grip.

It couldn't fit into my pocket better, be more secure in the pocket or be easier to pull. Its lite weight barely lets me know that it is there (I find myself checking just to make sure). So easy to carry, why not bring it along?

oregon
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I'm on my 2nd millie since late summer 02, currently S30V
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
gac

Post by gac »

My favrite is my 52100 Mule. But, carrying it can be a hassle, even with a belt mounted sheath. I usually carry my PE Native and my Para.
erix

Why The Urban is the Best EDC I Ever Carried

Post by erix »

1. It is very lightweight - the lightest spydie I own
2. It rides deep in the pocket - barely visible
3. The wire clip is unobtrusive to the eye - further hides the knife
4. The blade is a big leaf-shaped full flat grind - very useful, easy to maintain
5. The foliage green G10 is a lovely color - matches lots of my clothes
6. Not having a lock makes it as easy to close as it is to open - true one-hand operation

Only one thing I'd change - ZDP-189!
I love Foliage Green G10!
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Stretch 2 - Love the design/shape of the knife, FFG is great, perfect size knife IMO, and now that it is offered in black FRN (Blue FRN soon) makes it that much better.

I also sometimes carry
Adventura - Removed the clip and carry it in my back left pocket and i can hardly notice its there, love the look of SS, sleek design, and its comfortable.
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
Tank

Post by Tank »

Most of the time I carry my Adventura and either Tasman Salt SE or Caly 3 SE. Unless I am on the lake then its just the Tasman
-John
Don Ellis

Post by Don Ellis »

Stretch 2, belt.
Quince Kopa, right pocket.
SS Ladybug on keychain, left pocket.

That should almost be enough to disarm me... :p

Don
Mr_G

Post by Mr_G »

I always have a D4 in one pocket or another, and when I'm @ work I carry something bigger to supplement it, either an E4 or my D2 Millie depending on how I'm feeling in the morning.

Cheers.
Billy

Post by Billy »

For me, it usually comes down to the Military and D4 in PE configurations. Close runners up are the Caly 3 in VG-10, C83 Persian and Kris. All the above knives easily handle any cutting chores I may encounter on any given day, feel good in the hand, have great blade steels that take and keep a great edge and feel reassuring in whatever pocket they happen to be riding in. Today, it's my black bladed S30V Millie and my Krein'd D4W. :D
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
christopher

Post by christopher »

The Caly 3 because it will do every thing I need from day to day. The Rock Salt, the Military, and the Temperance 2 for more arduous tasks.
Chris :) :) :)
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Endura G-10, carrying a Millie for some time, I realized the Endura was the knife that was "the one" for me. The G-10 version is just the best of the breed.

I've said it before in more detail, but don't overlook the Delica and Endura thinking they are less refined or pedestrian, just because they are the main line knives. They are best sellers for a reason.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

The 2 main knives I have been reaching for are my Police 3 and Cricket. I keep my Superhawk in the gun bag and my Military is my work knife.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Ladybug 2, the sheepsfoot ladybug. I have a bunch in case I ever lose my EDc one. I find the point really takes abuse unlike the original Ladybug 1, which I've had several lose their point. The Ladybug 2 also cuts like nobody's business, a reall workhorse for it's size. Also, if push came to shove I think it'd be decent as a backup defense knife, it's serrations are great.
Ms89glide

Terzuola

Post by Ms89glide »

I carry a Terzuola c-15 G-10 handle. Love everything about the knife. Size, weight, looks etc.

Post by 5.56 »

Work: UKPK Black
Weekends: Military Black/Black
-Rob

Knuckle dragger
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

At work : Usually I pair up a D2 Para & SE 440V Millie, There's nothing really that this combo cant take on, their light weight, slim carry, easy pocket retrieval, easy one hand opening, glove friendly and especially their steel's edge retention all say "PUT ME TO WORK!"

Weekends: Usually a VG10 Caly Jr, ...although I am prone to afternoon naps on the couch with my Chinook III ( sorta like a grown mans Teddy bear ? :eek: ?)

Jez.
Waco

Post by Waco »

oregon wrote:The Endura 4, plain edge, with FRN handle is almost always clipped into the extreme right side of my right front jean's pocket.

It is big enough to swing in anger at blackberry vines and such with predictible results: cuts the target and it stays in my hand. I like the black clip, good-sized thumb hole, back lock, texturing on the scales and blade, great steel (VG-10), adjustable pivot, skeletonized liners, strong blade profile, black handle, replaceable clip (heck the entire knife is replaceable) and comfortable reverse grip.

It couldn't fit into my pocket better, be more secure in the pocket or be easier to pull. Its lite weight barely lets me know that it is there (I find myself checking just to make sure). So easy to carry, why not bring it along?

oregon
I never realized until now that the FRN Endura PE has a different grind than the G10 Endura PE.
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

Knife: Delica 4 Wave.

Why: Because it is awesome.