Spyderco Warrior

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

Spyderco Warrior

Post by TazKristi »

There's been a lot of discussion about this model already. The design is done, the sheath has been chosen and we're moving forward. No ETA yet, but thought you might enjoy some pics.

Kristi
Attachments
SpydercoWarriorA.jpg
SpydercoWarriorA.jpg (98.31 KiB) Viewed 5344 times
Warrior4.jpg
Warrior4.jpg (95.58 KiB) Viewed 5098 times
Warrior3.jpg
Warrior3.jpg (99.71 KiB) Viewed 5145 times
Warrior2.jpg
Warrior2.jpg (93.74 KiB) Viewed 5069 times
Warrior1.jpg
Warrior1.jpg (93.57 KiB) Viewed 41642 times
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

A few more...
Attachments
SpydercoWarriorE.jpg
SpydercoWarriorE.jpg (93.11 KiB) Viewed 4409 times
SpydercoWarriorD.jpg
SpydercoWarriorD.jpg (96.51 KiB) Viewed 4381 times
SpydercoWarriorC.jpg
SpydercoWarriorC.jpg (98.22 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
SpydercoWarriorB.jpg
SpydercoWarriorB.jpg (97.61 KiB) Viewed 4631 times
supmonkeyface

Post by supmonkeyface »

That thing is raw!! Any idea on final price? And will the production model use H-1?
mystikessence
Location: USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe

Post by mystikessence »

I was on Facebook and saw the announcement about the Warrior. I came on here and was just about to mention why it isn't announced here (or on Twitter) yet and see Kristi just post it up. :D

It sure is wicked. I would buy one if not for the fact that it's out of my price range.
:spyder: Those Who Know Carry Spyderco :spyder:
thibaud.1.80

Post by thibaud.1.80 »

OH my god !!!!
This knife is amazing !!!!!!
Incredible !!!!!!
I want it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This !!! is Spyderco !!!!!!!!!!

Tibo.
Rockkkkk nn rroollllllll !!!!!!!!!
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

I was a big fan of the old Al Mar & REKAT Warrior/Hobbits and this Spyderco version will be great. I handled one at BLADE and was very impressed with it. Definite improvements with handle ergonomics and the skullcrusher pommel. The serrations add more utility than the original version's saw type projections for trapping.

I have fond memories of my 1st field problem in the Army carrying my Al Mar Warrior - and getting made fun of for it. It's not going to be cheap, but I'll find a way.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Not really my cup of tea, but I do love the sheath. I wish I could get the Rock Salt with that sheath...that would be the perfect hunting/camping/hiking knife for me. I'll give it some time; maybe it'll grow on me.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Man does that look mean.

That is a serious knife.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
oregon

Post by oregon »

Some background/history for this knife:

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35755

oregon
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

This one I have to have. I'll be ready if a giant squid attacks my boat or civilization ends. (though to be totally prepared for the latter I'll need to stock up on pellets for my .20 caliber Blue Streak)
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That thing is the beast of the H1 world! Wow!

Dear Santa Claus,

I have been a good boy this year. My Xmas list is simple.

1. Spyderco H1 Warrior

Thank You,

Jay
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i really haven't been following the talk about this one...i clicked on the first pic and literally out loud said HOLY S^&T..i will be getting one even though i never carry fixed blades on me...i guess for that just in case apocalypse that might one day come, it would be a good back up for my gun :D ...is there a small pocket on the outside of the sheath? i couldnt tell in the pics..it would be a great place for a sharpening stone or a millie for those little tasks :D
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Billy

Post by Billy »

WOW!!

Don't know what else to say other than I have to have this beast!
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

mystikessence wrote:I was on Facebook and saw the announcement about the Warrior. I came on here and was just about to mention why it isn't announced here (or on Twitter) yet and see Kristi just post it up. :D

It sure is wicked. I would buy one if not for the fact that it's out of my price range.
I won't announce it on Twitter until it's actually released. That is a ways out. There is a long lead time with the H1 used for the Warrior (thicker).
tonydahose wrote:i really haven't been following the talk about this one...i clicked on the first pic and literally out loud said HOLY S^&T..i will be getting one even though i never carry fixed blades on me...i guess for that just in case apocalypse that might one day come, it would be a good back up for my gun :D ...is there a small pocket on the outside of the sheath? i couldnt tell in the pics..it would be a great place for a sharpening stone or a millie for those little tasks :D
Yes, there is a pocket on the outside of the sheath. A small flashlight could fit there easily.
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

... No words needed.
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

How and when can I get one??? This would be a great gift for my brother who'll be deploying to one of the sandboxes next year.

Thanks!
Ira
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

In addition to being incredibly cool, this looks like an almost perfect fixed blade. It will slice, stab and skin and the slightly recurved SE is perfect for cutting rope, among other things; a "combo" blade with absolutely no compromise. I live on the ocean, so H-1 is excellent. As long as it fits the hand as well as it appears to, I can't think of anything that would make this a better all around knife.

I can't wait to check this out at the Blade show in Portland.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
noodlefish

Post by noodlefish »

tonydahose wrote:i really haven't been following the talk about this one...i clicked on the first pic and literally out loud said HOLY S^&T..i will be getting one even though i never carry fixed blades on me...i guess for that just in case apocalypse that might one day come, it would be a good back up for my gun :D ...is there a small pocket on the outside of the sheath? i couldnt tell in the pics..it would be a great place for a sharpening stone or a millie for those little tasks :D
i also said holy sh*t out loud :p
this is a nasty looking blade :D
ORANGE DODO NICEEEEEE

I listen to psychobilly, you should too!
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

Very interesting. Kristi, you said that the blade stock is thicker. How thick is it? 4mm?
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

One word...awesome!