Loyal Maine Coon Cat, R.I.P.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
GameSetMatch

Loyal Maine Coon Cat, R.I.P.

Post by GameSetMatch »

Every morning (including weekends) at 0515, give or take a minute, she would head-butt me out of bed for her favorite treat. When I came home and walked in the door, she would flop down in front of my feet, and then follow me around the house like a dog for the rest of the evening. She came from the LA Pound 10 years ago and just wanted a home with someone who cared about her.

Some sort of growths grew in her nasal cavity, slowly cutting off her breathing. I learned that cats hate to breath out of their mouths, and they don’t want to eat what they can’t smell. Mostly I learned that I have a soft heart for animals! She will be missed.

Now I’m tempted to go to a breeder, because Maine Coon’s are such a beautiful breed. But most likely I’ll go to a shelter and find another friend in need…
Lost Jaguar

Post by Lost Jaguar »

May time heal your grief and replace it with happy memories. I applaud your consideration of a pound rescue. There's a furry friend waiting for you right now.
Prepare for Anything, Expect Nothing
kingshoc

Post by kingshoc »

Maine Coon Cats are the most loyal cats of all thats what i hear. I get a Coon Cat someday.

Marcus
asfaltpiloot

Post by asfaltpiloot »

You have a big heart, taking a cat from a pound and taking care of it so long.
Hope you find a new one soon.
Robert

"Never leave home without a knife,
one day it may save a life"
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Very sorry about your loss. I'm from Maine originally and we just took in a stray Maine coon cat here in Santa Fe, NM. Funny place to find a Maine coon.
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

Sincere condolences.

Our animals are such noble companions, and they are given so little time. :(
fret

Post by fret »

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. A large Maine Coon male cat came to my home to live. It chose me to live with and he is loyal. I like him very much and I know he likes me a lot too. He follows me around outside and plops down in front of me to get a belly rub. He has never scratched me or bitten me which is rare as all the other cats I've had did bite and scratch me accidently. This fellow is huge and has a coat of fur that seems to be three coats thick. He is orange and white stripped and has the "M" on his forehead. He's able to leap straight up into the air about 7 or 8 feet high and grab a bird flying in the air. I was amazed to see him do this feat. Also, he will not stay in the house no matter what season we are in. He loves to live outdoors all year 'round. I've had several cats but this cat is very different from all the others. His paws are huge. That's about the only part of his body he doesn't like me to touch. He's very alert and clean. I worry about him all the time if I cannot see him sitting outside on one of the four boxes I have on the porch for him. He was "away" for December and January this past winter. I thought he'd found a new home. He may have gone to live where he came from until the weather suited him better? I put a flea coller on him and he got rid of it quickly. He's very independent but he always comes to me when I call him.
Fantastic cat to have, but I cannot say I own him. He's free to come and go as he pleases.
moeman

Post by moeman »

I'm Sorry for your loss.
It sounds like she was a good friend.
I agree that we don't own cats, if anything they own us.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

sorry for your loss....we had a Maine Coon named Simon, he still is missed :(
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
araneae

Post by araneae »

Sorry to hear that. I never liked cats until I owned them. Now my 2 are like family members. Hopefully you find a new feline friend soon.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
GameSetMatch

Post by GameSetMatch »

Thank you all for your kind words! This Forum is first class - I think I'll stick around for awhile.
~Bruce
"The universe does not have to comply with your expectations"
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Bruce.

Cats make such good friends.

God bless.
EarthDog
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

Yes, all of us have too little time with our beloved pets. Sorry for your loss.
After enlightenment, the laundry.