Possible UKPK Fake

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

Everyone should report this item on the bottom of his ebay listing. :p
scullshoalk

Post by scullshoalk »

Peruna wrote:Be careful, people, this guy has listed yet another fake UKPK, using the same picture as before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/spyderco-slip-joint ... tsupported
Listing states "spyderco like" does that cover him with legal issues?
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Looks legit to me.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Definite fake. Note the lack of grooves in the G-10 for reversing the clip. I'd bet the steel isn't the advertised S30V either. Just calling it "Spyderco-like" isn't enough in my book, he should be required to grind the bug off the blade and advertise it as a SpyderFake.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

David Lowry wrote:Looks legit to me.
Looks like a fake. The UKPK is left/right carry, so there should be slots on both sides for the clip, which this doesn't have. He probably bought it, thinking he was getting a good deal, and then when he received it realized it wasn't real. At least he's admitting it as not being a real Spyderco instead of trying to fool the next guy.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

jabba359 wrote: He probably bought it, thinking he was getting a good deal, and then when he received it realized it wasn't real. At least he's admitting it as not being a real Spyderco instead of trying to fool the next guy.
This will be the 3rd one that he has sold on ebay.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

I reported the listing to eBay earlier tonight, let's see what they do...
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

Spider bite wrote:This will be the 3rd one that he has sold on ebay.
I thought that looked familiar. What a POS!
After enlightenment, the laundry.
Peruna

Post by Peruna »

When listed, the knife was listed as a UKPK. I asked the seller why it was missing its left-hand carry clip grooves and reported the fake to eBay. He has since responded back saying he never listed it as a Spyderco and has re-listed it as "Spyderco like". Even changing the listing, he is free-riding on Spyderco's good will. Also, based upon his reply to me, I would guess he knows the knife is a fake.
Jester

Post by Jester »

This UKPK appears yet again from the same seller with the same picture. This time he lists it as "spyderco like"
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

I reported his listing to eBay the last time around and they took no action. These things really upset me.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Unless eBay has changed its policies, they will only pull auctions involving IP (copyright or trademark) violations if the owner of the IP complains. Even ignoring the round hole issue, the presence of Spyderco's name and :spyder: logo should be grounds for Spyderco to get this guy's auctions killed.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
aebfroman

Post by aebfroman »

The one that I accidentally purchased from ebay paypal refunded me the money to my credit card. I showed paypal the link to the website where you could buy the chinese knock offs, explained the visual difference with the wire hole and there wasn't even any discussion. It was sold as a spyderco and was a fyderco so they give you the money back without any hassle.

At first the guy was being nice but then once he got the knife back he stopped responding so I filed the claim. It took a week as they allowed time for him to chime in, he didn't, boom goes the dynamite and I have my money.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

That was a different guy from this seller, IIRC, right?
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

I also contacted Ebay and the seller as well. He replied "sorry I am not an expert on spyderco knives... I will change the title of the auction to say Spyderco like." I feel sorry for the last guy who bought one for over $50.