Really Disturbing Movies

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Lockback

Post by Lockback »

spinynorman wrote:"Happiness" is not a horror movie by any stretch, but man it is disturbing! And funny.
Makes you think twice about tuna fish sandwiches, doesn't it? :D
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

I love horror movies.

"Phantasm" totally freaked me out....I was pretty young (had to sneak to watch it!)......I had recurring nightmares about that weird guy and the sphere, for weeks afterward.

"Scanners" came out when I was young.....really tough to watch back then!!

"Ichi The Killer" is definitely in my top three.

"The Shining" was very disturbing the first couple times.

"Hellraiser" is in my top ten, but it's not nearly as disturbing as when I watched it for the first time.

Oh, and let's not forget the original "Faces of Death"!!! I did find a similar series that is even more grotesque than Faces.......It's called "Death Scenes 2". I'm not even going to go into that one!
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

If you want really disturbing...

OLD BOY (2003)

A movie about a man who is kidnapped & imprisoned for 15 years... and what takes place after he escapes.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
JBE

Post by JBE »

Hostel (the first one), The Hills Have Eyes, The Omen and Quarantine (thanks Tony :p ).
Jason
KBR

Post by KBR »

The Exorcist really got to me the first, and so far only, time that I saw it. The only other movie that comes to mind right now is Stigmata. For some strange reason, I was pretty disturbed for a couple of days when I saw that one....
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

I snuck into "An American Werewolf in London" when I was 10 or 12. One scene had me leave the cinema early and not sleep properly for 6 weeks. I have never been really scared by a movie since!

"An American werewolf in London" is now in the comedy section of my video store!
JaM

Post by JaM »

Event Horizon.

I was expecting an SF movie, but it scared the crap out of me ! :eek:
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

If you really want disturbing, go with "Martyr".

French movie shot in Quebec.

(some spoilers ahead)

It's about a girl who was incarcerated by a familly in the basement for some experiment we only discover at the end of the movie. She escaped, went to a sanatorium and makes friend with another girl. They escape because she wants revenge. (first five minutes of the film)

Then, the friend doesn't understand why the other is soo violent and starts to think maybe she is desillusional. But there is a twist..... She will understand what she went through the hard way.....

Very graphic gore, very ultra violent, sadistic but with an ending never saw in any horror movies.

Don't mind if it is subtitled, there is not much dialog. In fact, there is a long stretch of about 30 minutes without any words...

It is so disturbing it was classified 18+ in relatively every country and banned in others...

Another on is Irreversible. The movie tells the story backward (from the result to the cause) of a raped and murdered woman. I went to see it at the movies: Some 200+ viewers when the film started, some left after 10 minutes et we were less than 50 at the final scene... French movie shot by a woman.

I'll try to think of some more...

Take care,

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
fret

Post by fret »

"Alien". That did it for me.
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

I thought 8mm was pretty warped/disturbing.

I don't usually get too freaked out by movies because I work with people in the prison that they make movies about. I get to see the real thing, so the Hollywood versions don't often get to me.

Plus, I've seen quite a few people die in front of me; a family member, inmates, and a motorcycle crash victim whom I was doing CPR on and he took his last breath as I worked on him.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

When I first saw the Dawn of the Dead remake. And I'm a hardcore Romero fan.
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

fret wrote:"Alien". That did it for me.
+1

I also enjoyed the 2000 remastered cut of The Exorcist and was creeped out by Regan's spider crawl down the stairs.

For those with a stronger stomach try horror based on real events. Men behind the Sun deals with The Rape of Nanjing and other atrocities committed by the Japanese in WWII. Philosophy of a Knife is a B&W film based on Japan's Unit 731. The gore and violence is overdone and highly stylized but the sub-plot of survival in the most infamous Japanese prison/vivisection/experimentation camp is uniquely disturbing and tragic. Stunned and disturbed are mild terms to describe my feelings after viewing this one.

Boys Don't Cry and Monster are disturbing on a WTF is wrong with some people or I can't believe I share the same genome with them level.

j
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Movies aren't real scary to me. People don't scare me, so their ghosts wouldn't either. Movies with wild and crazy protagonists/antagonists like Ichi the killer can be pretty amusing, though I liked Ichi less than some of his victims.

Movies that get my protective/revengeful feelings going like 8mm will get my attention once, but that's enough.

Movies where people craft their own fate through their bad deeds, or even just excessive rudeness ( hey, we all know some people are alive merely because murder is illegal), such as the true story of the "Bully" in Florida killed by a bunch of his friends and acquaintances are worth a watch too.

Some day they will make a realistic movie about the Demeo crew in brooklyn back during the 70's and 80's. Those guys made " devils rejects" look like cartoonish buffoons. The difference is their exploits at the gemini lounge were unfortunately very real. Estimated over 200 kills there of mostly other gangsters and associates. The most feared crew since murder inc. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Here is a link to a site where you can watch free movies online.http://davidmovie.com/
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

fret wrote:"Alien". That did it for me.
On the DVD extras of Alien, they tell stories of people puking in the isles, barfing in their laps and passing out in the foyer....That's cinematic GOLD!!! :D

I can't see that happening today... the 6 o'clock news has more graphic gore! :(
girlyMANN

"New French Extremity"

Post by girlyMANN »

Irreversible starring Monica Belluci
Baise-moi
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Transformers movie disturbed me, the way Michael Bay destroyed my beloved childhood memories of my favorite toys!
miyamotomusashi

Post by miyamotomusashi »

The MOST DISTURBING movie to a me, or probably any Male, is "TEETH"

It's about a girl who has teeth inside her baby maker. She murders men this way, I guess they bleed to death, after being severed. Yeah, I know, right? Isn't this disturbing?!?

Well, it's sort of funny and pretty weird, I read reviews where women thought it was a comedy, but the men thought it was a horror flick. I recommend it, and watch out for women who may have extra bicuspids.
"Do nothing which is of no use" A Book of Five Rings
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

miyamotomusashi wrote:The MOST DISTURBING movie to a me, or probably any Male, is "TEETH"

It's about a girl who has teeth inside her baby maker. She murders men this way, I guess they bleed to death, after being severed. Yeah, I know, right? Isn't this disturbing?!?

Well, it's sort of funny and pretty weird, I read reviews where women thought it was a comedy, but the men thought it was a horror flick. I recommend it, and watch out for women who may have extra bicuspids.
Ya think? :eek: :D
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.