Knock Offs

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

I would buy a Damascus bladed Native if it was actually made by Spyderco.
I would too! (Well, if I could afford it)

Actually, the blade steel specified on that one is listed as "440 vein", whatever that is.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

bohica1998 wrote:I would too! (Well, if I could afford it)

Actually, the blade steel specified on that one is listed as "440 vein", whatever that is.
yeah, it also said "Surface: vein" whatever that means :rolleyes:
PSU

Post by PSU »

Make sure to avoid the fake Gunting in this eBay auction.
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
genius5th

report it

Post by genius5th »

if its a fake I think you can get the listing removed
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hoover ****! ;) That UKPK may have fooled me too... :(
At least I can buy a Microtech Troodon for 20$... :rolleyes:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
aebfroman

Post by aebfroman »

MSG'd the guy I got the fake UKPK from and he's going to let me return and refund. He was really quick to be friendly and help me out on it. I was very happy/surprised. Now.. what am I going to get with that money?
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

First make sure you actually get the refund. From where I'm sitting, there are 3 likely scenarios:

1. You return the knife, seller does not refund --> You're screwed

2. You keep the knife, but give the seller a fair load of negative feedback, and inform the people at eBay that this person is selling fake items.

3. You return the knife, get your refund, and live happily ever after while the seller takes this minor loss and tries again on somebody else.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

[quote="The Deacon"] Only obvious difference is that there are no channels in G-10 on left scale for clip mounting, while the real one is ambi TU. Aside from that, it's impossible to tell, at least from a picture, that it's a fake.QUOTE]

The only other thing I might be seeing is the clip screwhead might be slightly larger in diameter than the rest of the screws which makes the wire appear to not run parallel - as I sit here and examine my UKPK.

Outside of that, it is a phenomenal looking copy.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!