Montreal Stores

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JonBasha

Montreal Stores

Post by JonBasha »

Hey,

Just wanted to know if anyone here was from Montreal, Quebec? If so where do you go to buy your knives? I've found a couple of stores along St-Laurent Blvd. One is pretty decent. My girlfriend bought me a C99 Volpe from there for my birthday. However I find that the selection at both stores is not that great. Any suggestions?
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

JonBasha wrote:Hey,

Just wanted to know if anyone here was from Montreal, Quebec? If so where do you go to buy your knives? I've found a couple of stores along St-Laurent Blvd. One is pretty decent. My girlfriend bought me a C99 Volpe from there for my birthday. However I find that the selection at both stores is not that great. Any suggestions?
Yes indeed! Try Warriors & Wonders in Vancouver, The best service and prices in Canada.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
sixheads

Post by sixheads »

Jon Basha ,

what are the stores called and what is the selection any byrd knives? I am in montreal this week on buisness and would like to look around.

Thanks

Sixheads
gac

Post by gac »

Montreal to Vancouver by going through Detroit on I-94 is 3,000 miles. The Northern route through Canada is 2,900 miles; but I assume the speed limits there are lower.
JonBasha

Post by JonBasha »

sixheads wrote:Jon Basha ,

what are the stores called and what is the selection any byrd knives? I am in montreal this week on buisness and would like to look around.

Thanks

Sixheads
Im not sure of the names of the stores. The first one is located on the corner os Ste-Catherines and St-Laurent. Its an army surplus store. There are actually two of them right next to eachother. The one further from Ste-Catherines has an alright selection of Byrd knives. I bought a Byrd Meadowlark and a Stainless Endura from there. If you keep on travelling up St-Laurent for a couple of blocks you will find a third surplus store. The selection of Spyders is slim but constantly on rotation. I found my Volpe and almost bought a Native from there.
merciful

Post by merciful »

JonBasha wrote:If you keep on travelling up St-Laurent for a couple of blocks you will find a third surplus store. .
Army Surplus Sport, 1611 St. Laurent.
Those who give up their freedom for safety will soon find that they have neither.[SIZE="-1"][/size]
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

The best selection in montreal is Le Baron, on St-Laurent, just one light south of the Metropolitain. Lots of models (incl. Mili and para, Captain,...) But expect to pay just under MSRP.

A couple of years ago, there was also Baron Sport (curiously not related) On Notre-Dame near Planetarium Dow.

There are also the SAIL in Laval and somewhere on the south shore (near St-Hilaire).

As for me, I have them shipped to my brother in law in Washington DC and he brings them back every couple of weeks...

Hope this helps,

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
tea

Post by tea »

Sadly... even with the worst exchange rate and shipping fees it is still cheaper to buy online from America. You can easily save 50% of what some of the Canadian stores offer. Plus you get a selection. I doubt it is any different in Quebec.
gac

Post by gac »

Man, I wish I could visit Montreal again during the summer. My wife and I honeymooned there for a couple days in 1999. A great city to visit.

After our trip I kept - half-jokingly - telling people we were moving there. I used to go online and look at real estate listings for the city. I would miss my guns though.
djinnzfree

Post by djinnzfree »

Like psimonl said... Le Baron near Metropolitain got good choice... but the good ones goes out as fast as they enter...
True North Knifes is also located in Montreal Neil is a very good guys!
and...

it's this week-end... check out on google map to located this spot!
it's a very rare rendez-vous!
I ♥ blade, kite, motorcycle and _ _ X!
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

This is an OLD thread. That being said, I've met the OP. ( I work in one of the Army Surplus stores)

I recently sold him a CF Sage.

Cool guy.

We have some Spydies, but super-limited selection (we buy from another distributor) and our prices are practically MSRP.

Warriors and Wonders is great place to buy from for Canadians, or caledon2 on eBay (he has great prices).

djinn, you should pass by the store with your Spydies for a chat :D
djinnzfree

Post by djinnzfree »

HotSoup wrote:djinn, you should pass by the store with your Spydies for a chat :D
Yeah! your working place is...?
I ♥ blade, kite, motorcycle and _ _ X!
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

djinnzfree wrote:Yeah! your working place is...?
Surplus CANAM
1423 St. Laurent (entre St. Cat. et deMaisonneuve, juste a gauche du metro St. Lau)

You live in Rosemont right? Me too :D

Let me know when you want to pass by, I'll bring ALL my Spydercos.