All of you Cricket fans, let's hear......

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydutch

All of you Cricket fans, let's hear......

Post by spydutch »

Greetings you all :)

For the past week or so I have been carrying my SS Cricket/SE as my main EDC.

It's the knife I reach for whenever I have to: cut out articles, opening packagings and other day to day cuttings.

This afternoon I slipped another one of my favourites: the Delica 1/SE in aus8 onto my pocket, but I think I will put it back in the display case because I actually don't need another(bigger) knife for my day to day cuttings.

When I put the Cricket in my RFP I absolutely don't notice it's there untill I need it. And when I need it, whoa..... it cuts like a demon. Everytime when I cut something with it I'm amazed with the cutting ability of such a small knife.

So I wondered what your opinion is about this amazing little big knife...
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

For years I thought it was just a plain ugly, strange-looking knife and I never gave any thought to owning one. But after hearing the dozens and dozens of great reviews I guess it started to just grow on me. I finally got one last month and I have no idea how I managed to go so long without this knife. Its nearly perfect and its truely one-of-a-kind. I get comments all the time about hownice/cool/unique it is.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

it was my 3rd spydie and first serrated. My ss/se rides in my right/rear all day every day. Just can't be beat when you need to cut cardboard, tape, rope, clampacks...
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Cricket Bite

My favorite

Post by Cricket Bite »

Like you said it rides so inconspicuous and has great cutting power for its size. It is perfect for cutting boxes and that @$%&* clam shell packaging. I rarely have need for more knife (but I like having it). The size and thinness means it can be carried almost anywhere on your person. Tough little guy. Periods of heavy use seem not to have affected it. Its one of those knives that you may pass up but when you actually start using it you find your self missing it if you forget it.
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

My SS Cricket is a great little knife. It will handle 95% of my everyday cutting needs.
EarthDog
i.v

Can't beat the Cricket

Post by i.v »

My Cricket rides in my wallet and therefore always always on me... It's the one knife on my EDC that never gets rotated out.
Sharpy_swe

Post by Sharpy_swe »

The Cricket is such a cool knife. I originally bought it for use it at work but nowadays it just rests in my collection (but I love to play with it).

31 :spyder: 's so far... (+4 Byrd's)
My Spyderco's at the Picture Gallery
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

I love my SSPE Cricket, but i dont carry it very often (i use the scissors on my SAK too much at work, and i try to minimise the number of knives i carry)
the cricket is the best tool to use to open clampacks
left hand grabs clampack, cricket in right hand
hook thru edge of clampack, then rock the back of the blade against you thumb, and shuffle your grip/rock the blade around the edge of the clampack

if i could get a left handed one i would be very very happy
power is nothing without control
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

I have two of them now, and they really are awesome little knives. I first got a Santa Fe Stoneworks Ying/Yang Cricket and it's like a little jewel. The work SFSW does makes an already excellent Spyderco truly a work of art. Then my wife gave me an etched Cricket and I love it. It's funny too, because I never really liked the look of the etched handles when I saw them in pictures, but as soon as I took it out of the box, wow, everything changed. The etching looks fantastic and adds a nice level of grip too. The Cricket also makes for a discrete and very classy office EDC.
fret

Post by fret »

I have one frn handles and a broken tip which I sharpened. I like it a lot and always carry my Delica with it. I don't know how the regular tip would work as the tip was broken off when I bought it. Nice little knife tho.
Sherpa

Post by Sherpa »

I love my cricket.
MCM

Post by MCM »

Best Levi watch pocket knife out there, bar none.

The SS one still has the plastic installed... :p

:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Spyderwings

Post by Spyderwings »

I just received an SS/SE Cricket in trade a couple weeks ago. I absolutely love it! Very small and sleek, yet tons of power. Been using it as a money clip while wearing shorts as well. I'm in Denmark right now visiting relatives, so unfortunately I don't have it with me. I have no knife with me for that matter :eek: I think I'll have to find a Vic around here somewhere.

Love the Cricket though, just in case I didn't make that clear already :D
- Jason Dalsgaard
Current Spyders > C81GPBK Para-Military > C14SBK Rescue 93mm > C11P Delica 4 > FB05P Temperance > C29S Cricket > C14OR Full Sized Rescue > C90CF Stretch II > C12SBK Matriarch (VG-10)
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

I'm a huge fan of the cricket. There is no better knife for opening up packaging such as boxes, envelopes, and even clam packs (though it works better if it's SE).

The cricket is the only multi-generation knife that I have owned each version of (well, except the CF). The strangest thing is, I think I like the current SS and etched versions best.

I really need to get myself a SS SE version though :D
MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

Of all my knives it is easily the most used. It mainly rides in my FRP at work with a larger knife in my cargo pocket for really heavy stuff. On the weekends it rides in my watch pocket of my jeans.

My top 3 favorite knives are the Police 3 SE, Superhawk, and the Cricket. I would be lost with out these knives.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse