Small Lum Tanto Folder: Could it Ever Happen?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knifewing

Small Lum Tanto Folder: Could it Ever Happen?

Post by Knifewing »

All the knives in my collection are Spydercos for the obvious reasons. But lately I've been eyeing the Emerson Mini CQC-7 tanto (waveless). I took out my Lum Tanto folder but I find it just too long for EDC (personal preference). So I was wondering what Spyderco would do with a small tanto model like the Emerson Mini. A scaled down version of the Lum folder would be awesome. I'm thinking of a blade of just under 3" in VG-10, D-2, or similar, PE, satin finish or black coated, spine jimping, with a G-10 handle and low-ride clip. Has there ever been any discussion of a small tanto in the Spyderco pipeline? Would anyone else be interested in a model like this?
harkamus

Post by harkamus »

I am more interested in a re-release/sprint run of the c46, but I wouldn't mind a smaller scaled down version of it.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

A Tanto that is similar in size to a Delica / Caly? I'm interested.
El Tigre

Post by El Tigre »

Sorry,but I think that a tanto point needs at least a 4" blade.

"El Tigre"
Folding knives can be classified in two large groups: Spydercos and the rest!

Please be patient, I dont speak english properly.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Yup, I'd like a medium folder with a broad, full flat grinded tanto blade. Not Delica shaped, I'd rather preffer somehing like the Native :D
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.