Orange Military: Only one Run Thus Far?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
purple95

Orange Military: Only one Run Thus Far?

Post by purple95 »

I just ordered an orange Military!! :D

Due to some health and other issues, I have been out of the Spyderco loop for a time, but was watching the orange Military model. I missed out on what appeared to be the first batch. :mad:

But.......in browsing an online dealer I had done business with previously, I found they had four in stock this afternoon. SCORE!

Now, finally, my question:

Has there been another run of the orange Military or just further shipments of the knives from the first run?

Thanks,
dan :)
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

I do believe you are correct. The total run is only 600! And I know it was split at least once. I know the first run was mostly sold out before it was even produced, most of it going to collectors. So, if for some reason, you did miss out on the first batch, wait a month, there will be more... at least a few more.

On that same note, dont waist time if you see them in stock. I know I have a hard time getting these, so no doubt you folks do as well. They seem to sell quickly.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
Toad310

Got one!

Post by Toad310 »

I got the last one from a dealer I have ordered from before, and it is on the way.

This will replace my black Military model, as i gave it to a friend of my daughter's who was shipping out to Iraq.

You really need a good knife there, for sure!

Toad310
purple95

Post by purple95 »

Thanks for the replies.

I'm a user, not a collector, but even so it is nice to have the first run model. The nice bright orange will get dirty and Sal will be happy I'm sure.

There was only one left after I ordered mine yesterday evening and they are again out of stock this morning.

Popular knife, this orange Military!

Thanks all,
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

For those who haven't gotten an Orange Millie yet but want one as much as I did, it looks like KnifeCenter just got in another batch. Here's the link:

Knife Center Orange Military

They probably won't last long, so sorry if KC is out of stock again by the time you read this. :o

And for you Canadian fans of the Orange Millie, Jay at Warriors & Wonders is getting some in next week but they're going fast on pre-sale. Link:

http://www.warriorsandwonders.com/
Josh K

Post by Josh K »

I got one from a pre-order with Tom, and then managed to snag another off of him this week. :D

Lovely knife. It is a limited run, there shouldn't be too many more coming down from above. Grab it while you can. :)
[CENTER]Dearly wishing for a H1 Military. And a M4 Military. Add in an old school 52100 Military with wood scales while you're at it.

Keep the curved RH TD clip please!
[/CENTER]
4cweber

Post by 4cweber »

Doc Pyres wrote:For those who haven't gotten an Orange Millie yet but want one as much as I did, it looks like KnifeCenter just got in another batch. Here's the link:

Knife Center Orange Military

They probably won't last long, so sorry if KC is out of stock again by the time you read this. :o
Thanks for the heads up on the Orange Millie available at KC. I was able to order one from them this morning. I also added a H1 ladybug on my order too, since they listed them in stock as well :)
purple95

Post by purple95 »

I received mine earlier this week. :p

Yes, it certainly is ORANGE.

I'm naming this one Citrus and will use it to cut the first orange from one of our trees out back on this year's harvest.

Happy Sypderco guy here. :D

Now.......what's this I hear about a purple Native?

Two. Always two.
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

Finally a Military that I'd buy regardless of the righty-ness, and I can't touch it! :(
Tricod wrote:I do believe you are correct. The total run is only 600! And I know it was split at least once. I know the first run was mostly sold out before it was even produced, most of it going to collectors. So, if for some reason, you did miss out on the first batch, wait a month, there will be more... at least a few more.

On that same note, dont waist time if you see them in stock. I know I have a hard time getting these, so no doubt you folks do as well. They seem to sell quickly.
This is not helping. :mad:

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Just got an orange UKPK today. I definitely need an orange Millie to go with it.
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil