Recieved a 2009 Boker catalog

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
gac

Recieved a 2009 Boker catalog

Post by gac »

I received the 2009 Boker catalog in the mail last week. Any ever used any of their products - aside from the CLB designed items?

CLB designed items receive great reviews but a lot of other Boker knives just look gimmicky.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

gac wrote:I received the 2009 Boker catalog in the mail last week. Any ever used any of their products - aside from the CLB designed items?

CLB designed items receive great reviews but a lot of other Boker knives just look gimmicky.
The only boker knife i have is a four blade congress olde stag
Attachments
BO70113.gif
BO70113.gif (9.43 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Boker makes some pretty decent knives and even some that are exceptional....I own several (besides the complete Chad Los Banos Collection) and I am very satisfied with their products for the price point...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
WhiteWillie

Post by WhiteWillie »

I have the Bud Nealy designed tanto with G10 scales and 440C. The knife and magnetic Kydex sheath are very nice.
Mr. Bill

Old guys just know stuff!

:spyder: ATR PE
:spyder: Chinook III
:spyder: Lil' Temperance PE
:spyder: Manix PE
:spyder: Mini-Manix PE
:spyder: Native Black Blade SE
:spyder: Native III PE
:spyder: Para Military (S30V)
:spyder: Spyderfly
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

I don't have much experience with recent Bokers other than Chad's knives, but there are a number of items in the new catalog that interest me. The Todd Begg models look really nice, as does the Jim Burke folder. The range of A-F daggers seem pretty sweet too, even if totally impractical and illegal for me to carry. :rolleyes: They also had a congress with a slightly different blade set than usual that caught my eye as well.
~ Nate
fret

Post by fret »

I have a many Bokers and I think they are well made and worth the price. :) I don't think they are "gimmicy". The bowies, daggars, autos, slippies, etc., all have a purpose. Lots of different styles, handles, steels. Lots to choose from. Many different prices too. Just choose what you need or want.
dialex

Post by dialex »

I have some of Chad's knives and also a Boker Ceramic (Delta I don't know what). I dare to say those are pretty good knives, although not Spydies ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

[
QUOTE=fret;495661]I have a many Bokers and I think they are well made and worth the price. :) I don't think they are "gimmicy"
. I agree,the one i have is pictured in the second post and i dont see anything gimmicy about it either.
gac

Post by gac »

The gimmicky ones are usually the cheap looking ones in the back of the catalog and the others that look like Strider copies. Knives designed to look mean or tacticool. Maybe I am just annoyed by some of the marketing.

I like a several of their designs but have not bought one yet. I'll likely get one of the Subcom variations.