Whatever Happened to Whats His Name

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

Whatever Happened to Whats His Name

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Every once in a while you see a thread titled Has anybody heard from badada...So and So is Missing in Action...Does anybody know what happened to X Y and Z. There are so many former members that are MIA and have contributed so much to this forum in the past and their presence here is missed. The new upgrades are fantastic and I tried a little experiment. I started to request a befriend notice from some of my past knifebros and it seems to be working....I guess they are getting my request via e-mail from the good people of Spyderco. I'm hoping to draw some of these people back to the Spyderco Forum. So some of you old timers here, contact and befriend an old member who you have missed here on the forum. It lets let know that they are missed and we valued their contributions and at the same time builds strength to the forum. What do you say...Befriend an old forum member today, we will all benefit from their input and friendship.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Doc,
I think it is great initiative and very thoughtful. Thank you for sharing.
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
JD Spydo

The Joyful Girl vanished

Post by JD Spydo »

I miss lady Simona >>> aka>>. The Joyful Girl From The Prague. It never has seemed the same without her.

Also when someone pulls up the big Hawkbill thread you can see many of the people who used to be regulars who are mysteriously gone :confused:

But with the turbulent times we are in there could be dozens of reasons why someone would have to take a leave of absense from Spyderville.

Albeit some of them do occasionally pop up every now and then. I sure hope Ms. Simona does. I truly miss some of her expert photography :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
araneae

Post by araneae »

Simona does pop in from time to time to share some photo work, but she does not spend as much time here as she used to.

Good idea to check on our older members Doc.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Here's a list of folks that I haven't seen in a while and kinda miss.

-smcfalls13
-CKE
-greencobra
-pjrocco
-worker#9
-dedguy
-uhiforgot
-Jimmy Dean
-mikewww
-ASmitty

Good idea Dr. Snubby. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

what about felly?
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
JD Spydo

A Spyderville Reunion is in order

Post by JD Spydo »

David Lowry wrote:Here's a list of folks that I haven't seen in a while and kinda miss.

-smcfalls13
-CKE
-greencobra
-pjrocco
-worker#9
-dedguy
-uhiforgot
-Jimmy Dean
-mikewww
-ASmitty

Good idea Dr. Snubby. :)
A big AMEN! on those guys David ;) The last 2 I never got to know personally but I do know they're good guys to say the least.
Smcfalls, Pjrocco, and Worker #9 sure helped to catapult the big Hawkbill thread which helped to give birth to the Superhawk.

There are also a great bunch of guys/gals from the Netherlands who all kind of come and go. I really enjoy their input. The Forum wouldn't be the Forum without my good buddy Spydutch ( the ambassador of the Spyderedge:cool :) and Brother Ted

A couple of others that were good were texas guy and my long lost pal blackninja.

I'm hoping that a Hawkbill Revival will bring some of those old stalwarts back in our fold. A Spyderville reunion is well in order :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Funny I got most of those guys and gals covered and then some....send out your requests and lets draw those knifebros and sis back to us....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Post by 224477 »

Nice post Doc., you are right, some old faces disappeared, would like to see them back as well. Thanks for the wise words my friend :cool:
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

I don't know what to say...

Seriously. I don't know what to say.

:o

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

CKE is doing awesome since he just had a child a few weeks ago. :D

aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
aero_student

Post by aero_student »

anyone remember Clay and Samo?
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Clay and Samo...Got em both....Yeah!!!....Doc :D

aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

aero_student wrote:anyone remember Clay and Samo?
Samo just came back a few days ago, and he is an avid USN'R same with CKE.

aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

Lostification was gone for the longest time, then he came back, but now he's gone again. I'll send him a friend request. Michael Cook has apparently vaporized as well.

Good idea, Doc!
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

uhiforgot wrote:I don't know what to say...

Seriously. I don't know what to say.

:o
Glad you're back. Nice to see ya.

How have things been going man? I will always remember you for the butter. :D
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Doc, I've been around. I'm just lurking more than posting, but I log in at least once a day. Regards, Joe L.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

Hi, all!

I got your request, Doc, and thanks for thinking of me! I have been distracted by life's little trials, but I have not forgotten the kindness and valuable info the forum provides. I will try to be more active. :o

Again, thanks for the thought, Doc!
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Samo just came back a few days ago, and he is an avid USN'R same with CKE.
Guilty as charged! :D

I've been dropping in whenever I can to see what's going on, perhaps hook up with an old buddy or say a thing or two. Since moving on to exploring handmade knives and other high end production stuff, I'd say that I am purty contented with my stash of Spydies that I regularly update. Now, I keep what I use and seeing as it is, there are some new bugs that I can't wait to sink my claws into!

As for the rest, I regularly see Craig @ CKE's work on the USN. He's an awesome person and a great knifemaker. While we are on this topic, I would like to give a shout out to :

AET
Java
John Row
Dialex
Claykesting
Daywalker
Vampyrewolf

Sam :D
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I really happy over the response I'm getting from the good old boys and gals from spyderco...It's nice to see some of those familiar names posting again....Doc :D