The Temperance II has landed!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

oooh, that looks awesome
i am going to have to see if i can find some steelmoney laying around to get one of those
i love my old temp, and that looks so much nicer.
eeek - just saw the price, with the current exchange rate, i cant really justify that (nearly $500)
power is nothing without control
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Castillo wrote:Can you remove the G clip and fit a Tech Lok if you wanted to, without any major surgery?
As far as I can tell without actually doing so, yes. The hole spacing should work with the large Tek-Lok like the one on the first Temperance.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.

Post by 224477 »

Congrat Yab, the Temp2 looks awesome indeed.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

Yab - Nice pics and review. That knife looks sweet!!!
After enlightenment, the laundry.
Castillo

Post by Castillo »

yablanowitz wrote:As far as I can tell without actually doing so, yes. The hole spacing should work with the large Tek-Lok like the one on the first Temperance.
Thanks for the info. Forgot to say "thanks" in the previous post for the review and pics, so "thanks"!
picobrain

Post by picobrain »

Thanks for the great pictures.

The Temperance 2 is really a work of art.
Form and function both successfully optimized.

peace
coltsfan8116

Post by coltsfan8116 »

Hey yab you need a manicure :D
Lost Jaguar

Post by Lost Jaguar »

My new Temperance 2 arrived today. My initial impression is so good that my words would be inadequate, especially compared to yablanowitz's fine photos. I will post more thoughts later; but I have to point out the handle's beautiful execution. While the previous Temperance was a great knife, its thick handle precluded discreet carry--at least for me. This new one is slim but amazingly ergonomic; and beautiful as well. It's definitely worth the price I paid.

Congratulations to Mr. Glesser and all the great folks at Spyderco for yet another fine, fine blade.
Prepare for Anything, Expect Nothing
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

yablanowitz wrote:Thanks. Not bad for a guy with no talent, huh? ;)
Excellent pics and useful commentary. I really really want one :)

To Sal - I think this looks like a winner. I can't say enough about how responsive spyderco is to customer feedback. I liked the original Temp but was one of the guys that the original handle just did not fit. Looking forward to the new version - looks like a keeper in all respects.
Scott Gere

Post by Scott Gere »

Great pics Yab. The large teck-lock holes are 1 1/2" apart center to center. The G-Clip is 1" so it would need a little mod but not much. Thanks for the comments on the sheath, I think they turned out nicely with a very secure fit.
I am always open for comments or suggestions on ways to improve my Sheaths. Glad you like it and thanks.

Scott Gere
Scotts Sheaths
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

The Tek-Loks I had available to check have slots that could be used to attach to the sheath using existing holes. The one on my Temp I sheath shown actually has one screw run though one of the grommets holding the sheath together, so I bet the existing holes would work just fine.

You did a good job on the sheath. :)
Scott Gere

Post by Scott Gere »

Yep it will. The hole is a bit bigger for the G-clip but will still work. Also the distance from the top rivit and the bottom hole for the G-clip is 1 1/2" you could use both those for a more secure fit. Thanks again.

Scott
eastr

Post by eastr »

oh sal what a beaut i will be buying some of those to go with my 7 first temps they are awsome looking glad there finaly out. will have more than one and that price is a steel for this knife :D :D :cool: the end od next month with any luck..
"THE ROUGH RIDER”“FAR BETTER IT IS TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS..THAN TO TAKE RANK WITH THOSE POOR. TIMID SPIRITS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.” THEODORE ROOSEVELT 1899
spyderco making mans oldest tool mans most advanced tool:spyder:
THE GREATSET POWER IS OFTEN SIMPLE PATIENECE
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Excellent photos and review Yab. The Temp 2 is surely in my sights. Great job Sal & Crew! :D
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
ront

Post by ront »

Great pics!! Looks like a sweet knife!

Ron
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Manix Guy 2 wrote:Nice pics and review , I had small interest in this knife waiting instead for the Bushcraft . After seeing this review I just have to get this beauty in the future . Great work Yab ! Regards MG2
What do you guys think would make a better basic camping knife - the TII or Bushcraft? Basic needs - cooking uses, kindling, etc.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Well, I'm pretty sure the T II will out-cut a picture of a Bushcraft, which is all we have so far. ;)

The Bushcraft may prove superior for woodwork (after all, that is what it is designed for) but I predict the Temperance II will be better for food prep and general chores.
Squid

Post by Squid »

Just ordered T2. Love my bushcraft. I sleep with a Moran under my pillow.
bchan

Post by bchan »

Haha, my Temperance 2 arrived last week. I use it as a kitchen knife and it does the job very well. Nice clean design, the handle feels and looks great too.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Squid,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

sal